Echoes of Glory needs help

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

katanaX

Sep 19, 2003
Echoes of Glory is an Ut2003/2004 mod set during the Civil War Era and we are in need in of the following:
skinners, texturers
modelers
sound engineer
animator
coder.
more mappers

If you have the talent in one of these fields contact me at heavenz_movie79@hotmail.com or visit us at irc gamesnet #eog and talk to one of the ops.

We're just starting out but we've gotten some amazing models done already. If you want to see more of our work just visit us on irc or email me. Our site will be up soon at:
http://www.thrill2kill.com/echoesofglory//

Meanwhile register at our forums at:
http://www.echoesofglory.halflife2news.com/forums/

Attachments

• gun88.jpg
    gun88.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1,381
  • gun2.jpg
    gun2.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 502
  • 100pounder.jpg
    100pounder.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 183
  • render2.jpg
    render2.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 531
  • Bowie01.jpg
    Bowie01.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 521
Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I can't help you but I'm curious about something.

For reloading your weapon, are you going to do the whole dump and pack preperation thing for each shot or how are you going to handle that for the most realistic effect without losing feasability? It just seems like a real-time civil war shooter wouldn't work very well...

katanaX

Sep 19, 2003
the whole reloading sequence will be as close as possible to the real thing i.e tearing the paper cartridge etc, however loading the musket in the game will not be as long. We won't sacrifice fun for realism, it should be fun to play otherwise we won't do it. A good civil war shot could fire his weapon three times in a minute, we will probably increase this in the game. Remember that even though the game will rely heavily on rifled muskets there will be repeater rifles like the henry carbine(one of the pics in my previous post) that can fire up to 13 shots without reloading. Expect a wide variety of guns/rifles, smoothbore, repeater even gatling guns. Hope this answers your question.

some more pics:

Attachments

• biggun.jpg
    biggun.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 569
  • smoothcoltrender1.jpg
    smoothcoltrender1.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 26
  • ammoboxonwheels.jpg
    ammoboxonwheels.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 22
  • tehmusket.jpg
    tehmusket.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 26
  • rendernow.jpg
    rendernow.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ys that did answer my question and it sounds like you guys really have a handle on what you're doing. Good luck to ya, this could actually turn out to be a fun mod.