PDA

View Full Version : New rainbow Six, buy? y/n?

recon1337
29th Oct 2003, 12:45 AM
new rainbow six 3 for xbox hits teh stores tomorrow. in a nut shell: raven shield+splinter cell graphics=xbox version. 70 bucks with head set, 50 without. i'm planing on buying it wit the head set. but cant really decide if thats worth the extra money. need input, thanks!

DallasStarsRule
29th Oct 2003, 12:47 AM
i'm pirating ubi for life

recon1337
29th Oct 2003, 12:49 AM
yeah but u cant pirate that for the XBOX!

DallasStarsRule
29th Oct 2003, 12:53 AM
meh

still not buying it

recon1337
29th Oct 2003, 12:57 AM
i know ur not buying it, but whata bout me?

Freon
29th Oct 2003, 02:13 AM
don't expect a stealthy tactical shooter. it's more action oriented this time. If you don't mind that, and like fancy graphics go for it!!!

Rostam
29th Oct 2003, 03:04 AM
Raven shield is definately fun because of your own team's AI. You can give them plenty of orders.

Relatively speaking it gave me the same feeling has swat 3, just another shooter but with kickass friendly AI.

Splinter cell however... well, not my style. I played the demo and got bored with it before fininshing it.

spm1138
29th Oct 2003, 09:35 AM
Played the demo?

Personally, I think it's worth having based on that. As you mentioned, the graphics are lush.

The game is much more action oriented. You have four "blocks" of health and getting shot may or may not remove one depending on what weapon you're shot with.

You've only got the one squad and you lead them rather than setting WP's (although TBH, I played the PC game with two squads and I sort of leapfrogged them through the level. WP's just seem to get you killed).

Each of the weapons now comes with a special by default. You can look through the reflex sights (which I guess replace the "mini-scopes").

Not sure about the headset. Depends how much of a tit you'll feel sitting there shouting "Breach, bang and clear on zulu" at your TV. I found the headset for SOCOM added to the immersion no end, but a mate of mine never used it because he found the concept embarassing.

[UMC]Boron
29th Oct 2003, 09:45 AM
Depends how much of a tit you'll feel sitting there shouting "Breach, bang and clear on zulu" at your TV.

If I saw someone doing that, I would have to laugh, really hard lol. :D

Speaking of RvS, what about the expansion pack for PC, Athena something?

DEFkon
29th Oct 2003, 11:17 PM
Why not just rent it, and see if it's worth it? Cost alot less then buy'n it and finding it's not what you wanted.

GNAT
29th Oct 2003, 11:31 PM
yeah but u cant pirate that for the XBOX!

yah you can

Dr.J
30th Oct 2003, 02:45 AM
hell yeah you can pirate xbox! ive even got video proof!! (anyone else seen that vid where we have someone in a golden mask making the first xbox pirated games? ;) )

CAVERNA2K
30th Oct 2003, 09:04 PM
allright, sincere answer: no.

CloudOne
30th Oct 2003, 09:57 PM
anyone know whats goin to be new in Athena's Sword?

novak
31st Oct 2003, 11:30 AM
Since I don't own an XBox, no, I won't be buying the new RS. The serie sucks pretty bad anyway. :p