UT2k4 WW2 realism mod looking for reinforcements...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nashy

Oct 25, 2003
Sweden
www.thethirdreich.com
From the same team that brought you The Third Reich for Unreal Tournament comes a new yet unannounced WW2 themed project for the Unreal Engine (UT2k4 edition).

Development has already began about a month ago, however we are currently looking for talented, dedicated people in the following departments:

- 2d Design: mostly skinning, unwrap knowledge is preferred but not necessary
- 3d Design: experience with either Maya or 3ds Max is preferred, line of work will be mostly static meshes and vehicles. Unwrap knowledge is preferred.
- 3d Animations: experience with either Maya or 3ds Max.
- Sound engineer: will be in charge of a wide variety of sound effects.
- Coding: more specifically we are looking for an "environment and effects programmer". Who will work closely with our level designers to create things like exploding trees, artillery, npc tanks, planes etc.

Anyone who likes to respond to this add should mail to Stryker@thethirdreich.com , a portfolio is preferred, if you do not have one you’ll be asked to create some kind of sample, so we can evaluate it.

At the moment we will not enclose any further details about the project, we are planning a large update soon which will reveal all the details on the project. People who are interested in joining but require more info about the project can also mail to Stryker@thethirdreich.com, but signing an NDA is required.

A little teaser just to show we're in full development :)

TTR_teaser01.jpg

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
Sir_Brizz said:
Even if you could somehow write something better than what Red Orchestra has done...well nm you couldn't. Good luck :p

Erm don't really get where you're coming from, but i should note both mods have a whole different section covered of world war 2. Its also worth mentioning that at the moment we also have quite a different take on realism, as well as gameplay. A bit weird to start judging a project by just one screenshot you've seen and no details whatsoever.

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
oh this is for TTR? guess that's ok I really liked TTR in UT

Well this isn't for TTR, its just from the same guys that brought you TTR on UT, the new project well bear the 'The Third Reich' prefix though. But its going to be something else than just a TTR:UT on a new engine.

More details to be announced soon enough :)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
oh I know. I thought this was some guys NEW project he was working on. Between you guys and RO I think you have WW2 licked ;)

Score 1 for not paying attention!!! :p