Hey US, Set Your Clocks Back Tonight

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
Just a reminder: most US clocks need to be set back one hour (remember, spring forward, fall back) at 2:00 AM Sunday morning. The change affects everyone except people living in Arizona, Hawaii, the part of Indiana in the Eastern time zone, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands and American Samoa.

For us 'lucky' souls on the east coast of the US, it means that it gets dark tomorrow night at 5:06 PM. Man, I hate that... living like a bat, for crying out loud.

Daylight Savings Time returns to the US on April 4th.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
What does this matter to us?

It doesn't matter to computer geeks like us... day or night we're codin' away. It's not like we have lives to keep track of. ;)

PainAmplifier

Evil by Example
:mad: i *hate* daylight saving time....it makes no sense. And yes I have read all the 'reasons' for it. So here are my reasons it *doesn't* make sense.

1)Instead of changing clocks to some arbritrary 'daylight' hours (variable by location) why don't we just adjust have business adjust their 'hours of operation' instead?

2)Save electricity by not having lights on? *Yeah right*...when was the last time *that* ever happened. Let's see: Wake up, turn on Television, radio, hair dryer, bathroom fan, oven, Computer, etc and then later when you get to work...you go from daylight outside...to the nice and brightly lit cubicle/work area inside. And after work in the nice evening sun, you can go shopping or find entertainment in the nice *brightly lit* shopping center/local hangout and top the night off by watching the late show on TV. So where in all this are we saving anything?

GET A CLUE! It's not the 1920's anymore. Usage of electricity has changed so much and become so prevalent in people's lives that there is little to no 'savings' whatsoever from Daylight savings time. (And in cases where business open early, forcing people to get up *before* first light, it may actually cost more.) :rant:

Tyrlan

Sep 22, 2003
Visit site
I hate it... mainly for this reason.

I just started a new route at fed ex. Driving/delivering... and well it's hard enough to find these stuipid peoples houses in the LIGHT, let alone in the dark, when they don't bother to put numbers on their mail boxs/put mailbox's for their houses/put numbers on their house. So anyways it means more of an annoyance to use poor delivery guys who are already working 10-12 hours a day.

Other then that... it's perfectly fine. Usally this weekend was an excuse to hold a LAN party and get 25 hours of gaming instead of 24.