AntiCheat Method

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

emailer33

May 23, 2002
Visit site
well i know that plenty of anticheat mods, including PURE, use IncludeBinaryFile() in the WebResponse class. would anyone have some sample code to show how this is used for anticheats, or a description on how to use it to check files?

Somar

Oct 13, 2003
I was just about to post the same! :)
Sample code would be EXCELLENT!

Also, when should you call the OBJ LINKERS command on a player? PreBeginPlay, PostBeginPlay, during login, and is there a popular class everyone uses for this (maybe SpawnNotify or something?). Again, brief sample code would be awesome!

Somar

Oct 13, 2003
Aw c'mon!
Even a general overview would be appreciated. It would at least jump start the thread.

emailer33

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Somar said:
I was just about to post the same! :)
Sample code would be EXCELLENT!

Also, when should you call the OBJ LINKERS command on a player? PreBeginPlay, PostBeginPlay, during login, and is there a popular class everyone uses for this (maybe SpawnNotify or something?). Again, brief sample code would be awesome!

any one of those times are fine, as long as you replicate it from the player to the server. HINT for posting, don't post under yourself.

Somar

Oct 13, 2003
"09:59 to 05:34 is 7 and a half hour, how much in a hurry are you?"
Not really in a hurry just anxious to get an answer. I just don't want this thread to die off quickly as many others have. Plus it got YOUR attention, and that was my goal. Sorry if it bothers you :\

"anti cheat is very delicate stuff, it isn't easy to understand, and the fewer people who know how it works, the less people try to get around it."
That kind of inspires me to make a tutorial after on how to use IncludeBinaryFile, and SendBinary in the event that someone helps me out, because I sense a lot of people have this problem, and I'm sure a lot of vets wouldn't mind sharing this information.

"any one of those times are fine, as long as you replicate it from the player to the server."
Well then when is the earliest possible time you can call console commands? I figure during the loading of the player, but what class would that be found under? As for replication, I'm not accustomed to UScript as I am to C, VB, Java, etc. and so replication is very foreign to me. In order to replicate a variable do you have to use a special class or just put the reliable/unreliable declerations?

"HINT for posting, don't post under yourself."
You mean as Somar, or twice in a row? :p

MadOnion: (I don't know if this is directed to me or emailer, but..) I just want to know how it works, as well as apply it to some of my projects.

Appreciatively,
Somar

Last edited:

Somar

Oct 13, 2003
(v)adOnion said:
That would depend on what your projects are ...

I want to make a cheat protection thing on my own as best I can. Naturally I have to get passed the first step, this, and then I can proceed on my own.

I've decompiled that PureMajic class and checked it over and the sort, but I think that they over complicate the process (then again, PURE is very robust), but as I have no idea what sort of arguments are passed in the SendBinary function, or let alone when it's even called I can't really do much.

If you think I'm trying to learn to hack into pure, I'm positive that what I'm asking you is far beyond the necessary information needed to "hack pure", but I won't get into that because I don't want to start a conflict, but rather just learn more. I've got nothing to do till 9 PM EST anyway hehe.

And as for bytehacking, I'd imagine you'd have to bytehack a constant variable into a normal one so that they compile, at least that's my experience when making new/different consoles, but I can't see what you're getting at exactly.

EDIT: Reworded a lot of stuff to not sound like a bad guy :p

Last edited: