canadians and university

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
Ok im making this thread because after reading a few hundred pages all spread accross a few hundred "official government websites, none of them have answered my questions.

i am considering applying to do a degree somewhere in british columbia, preferably in the vancouver area, but really it would just need to be somewhere fairly coastal.

I have no idea about the relative quality of these universities, so a sort of ranking of which is best and which is crappest, and which are rich wierdo universities (ie oxford and cambridge) and what their less selective but fairly well matched counterparts are, would be really really helpfull.

how does the grading system work in canada at the end of secondary education ? what grades ? points? do you get and what do they mean?

and if somone is uberkeen (and i really hope they are) they can find me some places that offer respectable courses in earth sciences / oceanography :)

i dunno apart from that any general advice, things to consider how funding / housing / medical care works over there?

Last edited:

DeMachina

gone
Sep 1, 2001
Québec,Canada
This is crap, but reading comments by student (not in the forum, read the FAQ to know how to "find" them) attending those University could be usefull. And there could still be some usefull info in there. You'll be able to figure out why it shouldn't be relyed on.

masamax

Spoon
Apr 10, 2001
Edmonton, Canada
www.rifts.cjb.net
Almost any univeresity in the Vancouver area is going to be extremely crowded. UBC for example has extremely stringent requirements because they are so crowded. Most Canadian universities operate on the same system as most of the rest of the world's universities.

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
well, having grown up in Vancouver, and having been on UBC campus for 3 years during high school I can give you the lowdown...

You basically have 2 choices. UBC, or SFU. Unless you're trying to get into a co-op engineering program, you're better off at UBC.

Both are pretty easy to get into, although it does depend on what faculty you're wanting to get in. Since you didnt mention one, I cant really give you any numbers.

Vancouver is a great place to live though...I still sorta miss the old high school days there.

edit: reread your post

If you're going for a earth sciences/geography, I'd definately look at UBC. Grade wise, if you have an average around 70% you should be fine. The sciences are not too hard to get into anywhere, because they are so diverse and so many people get into them. This average is ... english and 3 provincially examable courses.

er....any specific questions? pre reqs or something?

Last edited: