PokeTerrain

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ttl

Oct 22, 2003
Is the PokeTerrain function in TerrainInfo unique to UT2003 and/or is there any possibility that the unreal engine 2 runtime will ever "acquire" it?

Thanks,
ttl

I don't think it, but not sure ;)

I seem to mis more then just that ;)

The Load/Save package functions (used in UT2003 to save profiles) are also gone, just when I needed them :p now I need to compress my data somehow, and find a way to save it into a ini file....

Also it looks like it runs on a diffrend version of the karma engine, but I'm not sure about that.

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
ttl... maybe. Try it. But I don't think it's in there.

Daid303... Karma is the same. Saving "profiles" is UT2003-specific.

Corran

Danger Mouse
Mar 10, 2003
Portsmouth, England
planetunreal.com
Yeah, I'm finding that my Karma objects are falling through the floor aswell. Sometimes they sink slowly through and sometimes they just go straight through. It's only a simple sphere.

I did read on the UDN that the runtime comes with Karma 1.3 as an option, how do you use any new functions in that?

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
No, an engine license comes with Karma 1.3 as an option. The Runtime uses 1.2.

If your stuff is falling through the ground, check the mass. Shouldn't be greater than 1.0, although I might be wrong about that. All the Karma tutorials on UDN work with the Runtime, and we'll be updating the Colosseum map to work with it as well.

ttl

Oct 22, 2003
Perhaps I should have been more to the point, it isn’t in the runtime and I am curious as to whether it is meant to be or will ever be?

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
If it becomes part of the standard engine codebase, then possibly, yes. Next chance it has for that is post-UT2004.

GreaseMonkey

Jan 3, 2004
I've had those sinky probs with UT2003, it seems as though, it's not possible to get great handling and realism in the same vehicle. If you push the mass and grav settings to obtain the realism/handling, it ends up being too heavy so it sinks in the floor. If you make the mass settings and grav settings less, you end up flying the car over every little bump in the map.