PDA

View Full Version : Skinning Noob - Help Please

hollywood_vb
22nd Oct 2003, 09:04 AM
Hello all. I've been lurking for awhile and found excellent info and great peeps here. I decided to signup and hope to be able to offer my help. I love making maps but I am not very creative and that makes for boring maps. :rolleyes: I am currently learning to make skins for UT (not 2k3). I need input on what to use (software wise: I have PaintShopPro and Photoshop) and how. Thanks for any info you can give.

Thanks,
Hollywood_vb

Kage
22nd Oct 2003, 11:19 AM
Photoshop works out great for skinning. I've been using it for years now and have had no complaints. You should be able to find some plug-ins at the Beyond Unreal network for photoshop. Besides that there are a ton of utilities and patches that will help you to master skinning techniques all over the place, UT SkinMaker is a fairly simple tool that'll help out somewhat if you are an extreme noob. I think I'll dig around and see where iI got most of the tools I use and try to get it posted up here soon. Good Luck

hollywood_vb
23rd Oct 2003, 06:39 PM
Thanks a bunch! I downloaded the UT Skinmaker and will try it out this weekend. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Hollywood_vb

Kage
26th Oct 2003, 05:19 PM
The old sites I used to use for reference seem to be all gone. But I am currently working on a multi gaming site and should have some tuturs and other things up for UT Editing, among other things, in the near future. But for now here is a couple of my old skin maps I used when first building skins.

UbH
28th Oct 2003, 07:11 PM
Here are a few tutorials on photoshop hope this helps.

http://www.3dlinks.com/tutorials_photoshop.cfm

hollywood_vb
29th Oct 2003, 05:30 PM
Thanks a bunch. I'll see what I can do. I appreciate ya'll.