PDA

View Full Version : GameSpy Industries For Sale

QAPete
21st Oct 2003, 07:19 AM
The New York Post is reporting that our former hosts, GameSpy Industries, are up for sale:

CNET Networks, which holds a stake in GameSpy, and an "unnamed major portal" are among possible suitors for the company, according to a source. CNET said it doesn't comment on speculation, but a source close to the company said there is a "serious level of interest" in buying GameSpy.

GSI, a privately-held company with reported revenues of about $17 million, has been posting a large number of jobs on their website over the past couple of months, including Editor-In-Chief and FilePlanet Project Manager, recently filling positions such as Director of Product Development and Director of IT.

We'll have more on this breaking story as news becomes available.

cyberg][dan
21st Oct 2003, 11:47 AM
I'll buy 'em... pfft!

I say we stick it to the man, and... er... I dunno, get Martha Stewart to buy them.

Kangus
21st Oct 2003, 12:42 PM
uh oh... what if who ever buys them takes my e-mail address away?!? NOOOO! :p

RaptoR
21st Oct 2003, 02:44 PM
It's quite feasable that whoever buys GSI will abolish the whole Planet* thing in favour of a bigger GameSpot-style GameSpy.com portal.

SirYawnalot
21st Oct 2003, 03:31 PM
****. I handle most of my mail through my PlanetAvP account...

QAPete
21st Oct 2003, 05:46 PM
Keep in mind that this story comes to us via the New York Post, which - in some circles - is considered little more than a tabloid. Until there's an official word from the Green and Black Empire, nobody knows what's really going on, if anything.

Pete
-BeyondUnreal