Futuristic sports mod

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

frostymoss

Dec 26, 2002
www.wk.com2.info
let me start by saying ive had this idea for a while and am dedicated and have some interested people.

Well the fact is there are not really any fun fantasy sports mods out there except for deathball which is pretty much at the low end of its life. I propose this idea that will fill the genre and imo actually be some fun.

Combining Hockey, Rollerblading, and soccer, i think i have found a successful combination.

the concept of the game would be simple - score and defend. The game would be in 3rd person. The game would be small maybe 4 on 4, 2 o, 1d, and a goalie. There would be a ball (obiously) whcih could be held and caught thrown and "smacked" (the equivilant of Deathall's volley).

Every man would have some sort of futuristic rollerblades or something on and be in a something similar to a skatepark's bowl (would be narrower/loger of course but keep in mind small). the goals would be at opposite ends and be prehaps 3/4 the height of the goalie and be a circle. it would be positioned in behind the center of the goalie (x,y axis so it would start at the back of his knees and come to his neck).

Scoring will happen when the ball enters the goal volume. This may be carriered in, thrown in, or smacked it. pressing primary fire would bring up the charge meter, which would basicly be a dot moving back and forth a meter. There would be no overcharges only soft throws. Smacking can be used to eitehr smack the ball in or smack another player. Smacking another player (depending on velocity) would either knock him down or make him stumble and or lose the ball. Smacking could also be used if the ball is in mid air you could smack it in. The ball wouldnt bounce much so there could be no setting it up off a wall.

the player would gain momentum/speed very quickly by holding the move button(s) down and coming in and off the bowl (like a half pipe for more clarification). When a player jumps off a part of the bowl he will (depending on where he jumped from) extend into air or sort of finish the u shape doing a flip. this could be pretty wide making up for many smack setup possibilities.

there isnt death. smacking a player would make him fall and loose the ball.

the ball throw and smack speed would also be dependant on player velocity.

the goalie would be able to smack a player down whenever he smacks someone. His throw speed/power would also be increased. Instead of dodging there would be a leaning system. while in goal a player could press lean to move his boddy to that side without actually moving his feet.

I have many more ideas and explanations for this mod but until a team is formed they will not be released. if you are interested please contact me by email frostymoss2@hotmail.com

JonAzz

UA Mapper
Aug 1, 2003
North of Philadelphia
Sounds....interresting.....But it dosent sound to fun to play, you need to have death of some sort, why not try making something like ricochet (half-life MOD, not that popular but was really fun :))

and this is a MOD recruitment area not a "i got an idea send help" ;)

frostymoss

Dec 26, 2002
www.wk.com2.info
death is in deathball which is a similar mod im trying to differ from. death only slows the game down. this is to be an extremely fast pace game. i am recruiting people. I have an interested coder and mapper (both worked on popular ut2k3 mods and no im not stealing anyone lol). Then theres me who is in charge of music, 2d art, pr, mapping, etc. So really all that is needed for the bare right now is:

Another coder
A couple skinners/2d art people
A couple mappers
A web designer
A sound guy
A modler or two
An animator

And i can promise it will be fun :)

(btw thats what id wish for i know in reality id be lucky to get half that team)

Last edited: