TEST ME! Horde Control ver3 beta

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Here's the new beta of WyRM: Horde Control.
version 3, codename Coelacanth.

to keep file size down (texture package), this requires the first HC release which can be found here:
http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/wod/UT2k3/WyRM-HC-r1.zip

changes since Bugbear:
-Wave Editor
-added me & Wong's mooing cow. So harmless.... so sadistic.
-Fixed some layout issues in the menu.
-minor teensy behaviour tweaks.
-fixed the Drone's int entry, so you can use it now.
-probably something else I forgot.

please hunt down some bugs so I can occupy myself with adding monsters before MSU

Attachments

• WyRM-HC_r3b1.zip
    45.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

Yakomo

Darn i need to contact Gravis
May 29, 2003
www.xs2games.com
Nice work!

But why did you keep the filename "Invasion_Kang"? This makes it impossible to use on public servers. Ppl already have prior versions on their systems and you can't possibly expect all of them to delete it (or even know how to do it or what the problem is when they can't join). :(

Or is this only ment for offline play? Cause I noticed the skeleton's weapons don't work online (they don't show) - although I did not try v3 yet.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
the skeletons weaps don't show up online? noted. will look into it.

I keep the same file name so that it overwrites when it installs, forcing people to upgrade. It's a pain atm, because it's only in beta, but it won't be such a big deal once I publicly release.

FlikWik

Oct 20, 2003
they dont showup when you use custom weopons or instagib. they show up fine using regular weapons

Yakomo

May 29, 2003
www.xs2games.com
The server I'm running is standard weapons and they don't show up. But UT2003RPG v3.3 and InvasionPlus21 is running there, maybe has something to do with that.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
when using custom weapons? hmmm... thought I fixed that bug. Guess I'll double check.
It should be noted that one of the kinds of skeleton doesn't have a weapon, they just walk up to you and start humping.

Yakomo

May 29, 2003
www.xs2games.com
The humping one is working fine :D

Only the weapon ones don't work. They don't hold a weapon and just walk up to you and don't do anything.

DeeZNutZ

Jan 22, 2002
Pacific Beach, CA
www.badstreak.com
The RPG mod has always screwed up the weapon carrying skeletals.
It has been this way since his RPGv3 release.
Mysterial doesn't seem to much give a $hit that his mod screws up other mods.
He basically told me I was a dumbass for running an RPG server with anything that included an instagib weapon, and it was a pointless waste of time.
Nice guy. :rolleyes:

If you want to run zoom instagib and have the weapons still show up on the skeletals, use any number of weapon swappers that are available out there.
(Cough cough WoRM2k3 cough cough)

We have always just worked around it, but I miss running the Skeletal Troopers.
The Killer Cows are just as annoying to most players. :D
No RPG and they work fine. Add RPG and the weapons all disappear.
DeeZ

Last edited:

RegularX

Master of Dagoth Lies
Feb 2, 2000
Chicago, IL
This is much better when it works ;)

Only bug I get is some anim errors with some of the custom monsters, nothing too beefy.

New Monsters? Hrm, how about some I don't need a beam cannon with infinite ammo to survive...

vulture987

Dec 18, 2002
everywhere (omnipresent)
Visit site
i know. a hella huge ass bitch monster gigadoosh flying manta thingy. You know those green flying manta guys? like make em 5 times bigger, a lil slower and up their health a ton. then see what happens. and no goddamn rockets. >:| i mean it man there are enuff rockets in this game.

pant pant pant OH!

how about buddy for that guy, like a giant fly thingy. you could name him paul.

oh or maybe a krall that instead of crappy krall bolts you could give him a link gun secondary sort of attack. weakened tho. you could name it "anger lad". and when they attack you, like, 1% of the time so it doesnt get too annoying, they could say "fear me, for I am anger!". see attatched sound.

hey has anyone brought the titans back into the game yet? i loved them.

Attachments

• fearme.wav
    43.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
the titans are back in the Satore Monster pack... which I have yet to make a plugin for.

.... putting the link alt on a monster would take a bit more work than I have time for before friday, but I think I will make "Paul" and "Gigadoosh" ;)

....and maybe a kamikaze cow too