PDA

View Full Version : TEST ME! Horde Control ver3 beta

Kangus
20th Oct 2003, 02:16 PM
Here's the new beta of WyRM: Horde Control.
version 3, codename Coelacanth.

to keep file size down (texture package), this requires the first HC release which can be found here:
http://www.beyondunreal.com/dl.php/wod/UT2k3/WyRM-HC-r1.zip

changes since Bugbear:
-Wave Editor
-added me & Wong's mooing cow. So harmless.... so sadistic.
-Fixed some layout issues in the menu.
-minor teensy behaviour tweaks.
-fixed the Drone's int entry, so you can use it now.
-probably something else I forgot.

please hunt down some bugs so I can occupy myself with adding monsters before MSU

EvilDrWong
21st Oct 2003, 07:44 PM
...what bugs should we be hunting down?

DeeZNutZ
22nd Oct 2003, 12:15 AM
DAMN!!! Good deal!
I'll drop this on at least 2 of my Invasion servers tomorrow!
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!

Kangus
22nd Oct 2003, 02:43 AM
...what bugs should we be hunting down?
ummm... bad sh1t?

Yakomo
22nd Oct 2003, 06:04 PM
Nice work!

But why did you keep the filename "Invasion_Kang"? This makes it impossible to use on public servers. Ppl already have prior versions on their systems and you can't possibly expect all of them to delete it (or even know how to do it or what the problem is when they can't join). :(

Or is this only ment for offline play? Cause I noticed the skeleton's weapons don't work online (they don't show) - although I did not try v3 yet.

Kangus
22nd Oct 2003, 07:30 PM
the skeletons weaps don't show up online? noted. will look into it.

I keep the same file name so that it overwrites when it installs, forcing people to upgrade. It's a pain atm, because it's only in beta, but it won't be such a big deal once I publicly release.

FlikWik
23rd Oct 2003, 02:15 AM
they dont showup when you use custom weopons or instagib. they show up fine using regular weapons

Yakomo
23rd Oct 2003, 08:15 AM
The server I'm running is standard weapons and they don't show up. But UT2003RPG v3.3 and InvasionPlus21 is running there, maybe has something to do with that.

Kangus
23rd Oct 2003, 10:03 AM
when using custom weapons? hmmm... thought I fixed that bug. Guess I'll double check.
It should be noted that one of the kinds of skeleton doesn't have a weapon, they just walk up to you and start humping.

Yakomo
23rd Oct 2003, 10:09 AM
The humping one is working fine :D

Only the weapon ones don't work. They don't hold a weapon and just walk up to you and don't do anything.

Kangus
23rd Oct 2003, 10:14 AM
hmmm.... ok. Guess I'll have to fix that.... and make that Satore plugin too.... maybe I'll have time tonight

DeeZNutZ
23rd Oct 2003, 11:51 AM
The RPG mod has always screwed up the weapon carrying skeletals.
It has been this way since his RPGv3 release.
Mysterial doesn't seem to much give a $hit that his mod screws up other mods.
He basically told me I was a dumbass for running an RPG server with anything that included an instagib weapon, and it was a pointless waste of time.
Nice guy. :rolleyes:

If you want to run zoom instagib and have the weapons still show up on the skeletals, use any number of weapon swappers that are available out there.
(Cough cough WoRM2k3 cough cough)

We have always just worked around it, but I miss running the Skeletal Troopers.
The Killer Cows are just as annoying to most players. :D
No RPG and they work fine. Add RPG and the weapons all disappear.
DeeZ

Kangus
23rd Oct 2003, 06:40 PM
hey. does anybody have any simple monster ideas? you know... using existing models & such?

Yakomo
23rd Oct 2003, 08:33 PM
hey. does anybody have any simple monster ideas? you know... using existing models & such?

Unreal II monsters :D

Kangus
24th Oct 2003, 10:14 AM
by existing models I mean the ones in 2k3 & the Epic Bonus Pack :p

RegularX
25th Oct 2003, 01:58 PM
This is much better when it works ;)

Only bug I get is some anim errors with some of the custom monsters, nothing too beefy.

New Monsters? Hrm, how about some I don't need a beam cannon with infinite ammo to survive...

Postal
25th Oct 2003, 07:00 PM
Kamikaze Robo-Sheep?

vulture987
26th Oct 2003, 09:05 PM
i know. a hella huge ass bitch monster gigadoosh flying manta thingy. You know those green flying manta guys? like make em 5 times bigger, a lil slower and up their health a ton. then see what happens. and no goddamn rockets. >:| i mean it man there are enuff rockets in this game.

pant pant pant OH!

how about buddy for that guy, like a giant fly thingy. you could name him paul.

oh or maybe a krall that instead of crappy krall bolts you could give him a link gun secondary sort of attack. weakened tho. you could name it "anger lad". and when they attack you, like, 1% of the time so it doesnt get too annoying, they could say "fear me, for I am anger!". see attatched sound.

hey has anyone brought the titans back into the game yet? i loved them.

Kangus
26th Oct 2003, 10:19 PM
the titans are back in the Satore Monster pack... which I have yet to make a plugin for.

.... putting the link alt on a monster would take a bit more work than I have time for before friday, but I think I will make "Paul" and "Gigadoosh" ;)

....and maybe a kamikaze cow too

vulture987
26th Oct 2003, 11:33 PM
haaaa sweet. Paul shall reign supreme fly among... flies.... hey that kinda sucks.

Kangus
27th Oct 2003, 12:57 PM
I need confirmation that the wave config page works properly for people other than me. Nemephosis is claiming it does not.

RegularX
27th Oct 2003, 01:26 PM
It seemed to work just peachy for me.

vulture987
27th Oct 2003, 04:53 PM
same here.

Postal
27th Oct 2003, 07:12 PM
I think Nempo should beta test Microsofts products.

Now this sucks, I need my copy of UT2k3.

vulture987
27th Oct 2003, 11:17 PM
haaa, i wish microsoft was cool. then my computer, in turn, would be cool. i swear if i wasnt so scared of penguins i would instal that copy of linux i got free with quake 3. i just dont know how compatable it would be with like, everything i own.

Kangus
27th Oct 2003, 11:51 PM
Here's a plugin for the satore Monster Pack in case you people need more monsters to play with.

[EDIT] You need this file to use this plugin.... it the pack the plug-in s for :p
http://ut-dna.cool.ne.jp/files/satoreMonsterPackBeta019Full.zip

sh0V3l
28th Oct 2003, 11:26 AM
Here's a plugin for the satore Monster Pack in case you people need more monsters to play with.

thanks wouldnt an int file need a .u file to keep the .int from gettng a failed to find package on server startup jusdt seems kinda funny ill let you know what happens thanks again for makin these momnsterz happen
horde control werks excellent now btw

EvilDrWong
28th Oct 2003, 12:55 PM
Well, youll need the Satore monster pack for it to work, of course :p

Kangus
28th Oct 2003, 01:15 PM
added a link to Satore19 to the above post.

vulture987
29th Oct 2003, 08:51 PM
i love this game

Kangus
29th Oct 2003, 11:41 PM
thats pretty funny....
funny enough to be the PoD on PU anyway...
status update:
the Gigadoosh Manta is done
stalker krall are added. they are invisible except when attacking.... fun.
menu label size tweaks made

sh0V3l
30th Oct 2003, 12:08 PM
um i dont see a link .ill beta test anything you want relating to monsters on my server its has clients 24/7 so its a good test bed runs rpg ut2vote insta or nw inv gives a good compatibility scope let me know .your mods are great guys if i can help like that i will .let me know :)

Kangus
30th Oct 2003, 01:51 PM
there's no link yet. soon.
of course that'll be the public release version since the deadline for MSU is tommorow....

vulture987
30th Oct 2003, 06:40 PM
mmmmm.... delicious public....

Kangus
31st Oct 2003, 02:46 AM
workin' up the readme.... will package and upload in the morning.

sh0V3l
31st Oct 2003, 10:39 AM
G00D Morning /me looks around

Kangus
31st Oct 2003, 02:31 PM
look at the front page:
http://wod.beyondunreal.com

DeeZNutZ
31st Oct 2003, 09:05 PM
The umod inserts one line in my UT2003.ini file which is incorrect.
It writes the entry
"ServerPackages=InvasionKang"
in instead of
"ServerPackages=Invasion_Kang"
No big thing, just an FYI.
DeeZ

sh0V3l
31st Oct 2003, 09:34 PM
have a few lbugs for you

Log: PlayAnim: Sequence 'RunF' not found for mesh 'FireFlyMesh'
Warning: SangwyrHC DM-FutureStadiumXL.SangwyrHC (Function SangHC.SangwyrHC.SpawnTwoShots:0048) Accessed None

i dont think this is caused by your mut probly satore its actually les frequent since the installing new hc:

Warning: SMPQueenProjectile DM-FutureStadiumXL.SMPQueenProjectile (Function satoreMonsterPackBeta019.SMPQueenProjectile.ProcessTouch:004E) Accessed None

thats really pretty good id say because rpg isnt throwing a fit like it usually does lol

this is the ut2vote19 command line for this game config

GameType=(GameName="InvasionInstaGib",AllowVote=True,RequiredPlayers=1,MapLimits=0,ServerName="None",UseMapList=False,DefaultMap="DMAntalus",MapPrefix="DM",GameClass="UT2Vote19.Invasion",Mutators="UT2003RPGv4.MutUT2003RPG,Invasion_Kang.MutHordeControl,XGame.MutZoomInstaGib,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Commands="?MaxLives=0?GoalScore=0?TimeLimit=50?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=10?MaxSpectators=1?Translocator=True?We aponStay=False?BalanceTeams=False?ForceRespawn=False?PlayersMustBeReady=False?Tournament=0?GameStats =False?GameSpeed=1.10?NumBots=1?Difficulty=6")

you did very good w3rk vast improvement and1 lil bug to squish lol

thanks for coding this very much appreciated :)

DeeZNutZ
31st Oct 2003, 09:42 PM
Yeah, I got the same error with the FireFly on my Linux servers.
Works fine on Windows though..... (Scratches head....)
The SMPQueen has some serious bugs in Beta019.
Nothing at all to do with this release.
Good job overall though!
DeeZNutZ

EvilDrWong
1st Nov 2003, 12:08 AM
re: Skeleton's weapons
Theres a funciton in Mutator that allows you to prevent anything from getting rid of it. If its not a mutator function then you can set the weapon as bgamerelevant and mutators wont be given the chance to change it or remove it

re: Firefly animation bug
That happens with lots of monsters actually. Play on a map with some degree of water and draw a pupae into it. Your log will fill up with "sequence 'swimf' not found in mesh *" and things of that sort.

sh0V3l
1st Nov 2003, 01:38 AM
so thats nothing to be concerned with then re fire fly ok good just log spam then ill just ignore it like the rpg access nones thats another st0ry and the queen and titans its getting better though and wyrm is great w3rks greart you get what you setup finally nice

Postal
1st Nov 2003, 05:52 PM
Monster Request:
http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Mod_Ideas/Yog-Sothoth

Kangus
1st Nov 2003, 09:48 PM
well, I plan to do a small patch again soon, including Wong's skeletal solution...
as to Cthulu, maybe, but the navigating through walls thing probably won't happen :/