PDA

View Full Version : Bah at the Pawn!

Hao Niu-rou
20th Oct 2003, 04:15 AM
I made custom pawn, player controller and gameinfo classes, they work except one of the things i changed was the texture the pawn uses. The problem is it doesnt change this in game. Now if i place my pawn in the editor, it uses the new texture, but when i check using behindview it still shows the damn grey texture what did i do wrong??

(i meant to post this in the programming section...)

AmazingJas
21st Oct 2003, 08:51 AM
Sorry I can't help, but when you get your pawn working, could you maybe send me the scripts you use, as I am a complete newbie, and am tearing my hair out trying to understand how to create working pawns?

nfactorial
21st Oct 2003, 09:57 AM
Search all the .ini files inside the runtime\system folder for Class=Runtime.RTPawn and replace it with your own pawn class (Ie. mine currently looks like Class=TestMod.MyPawn).

Worked for me :)

n!

Dezso
21st Oct 2003, 02:55 PM
Search all the .ini files inside the runtime\system folder for Class=Runtime.RTPawn and replace it with your own pawn class (Ie. mine currently looks like Class=TestMod.MyPawn).

Worked for me :)

n!

I tried a smiliar approach to change the mesh, but nothing happens. I cant even move the character or see any mesh. I used this code:

class newMesh extends RTPawn;

defaultproperties
{
Mesh=SkeletalMesh'newMesh.player'
}

Dezso
21st Oct 2003, 03:17 PM
whops im an idiot, i wasent deleting my old .u file, so everytime i ucc make it wasent compiling new code :o works now!

Daid303
21st Oct 2003, 03:24 PM
Tip: Use UMake http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/UMake works like a charm ;)

Dezso
21st Oct 2003, 03:48 PM
ah thanks, i used this before but lost it when i reformated and couldnt find it again (forgot what it was called)

rvillars
23rd Oct 2003, 09:58 AM
I try to create my own pawn, too!

For that I would like to use the UDNFemale character (of course only for test purposes not for redistributing).

I imported the .psk and the .psa files in the editor and saved them, and I created my own pawn with

Mesh=SkeletalMesh'MyPawns.MyModel'

and all the animation stuff.

But now I get a warning when compiling:

Importing Defaults for MyPawn
ObjectProperty Engine.Actor.Mesh: unresolved reference to 'SkeletalMesh'MyPawns.MyModel''

Did I miss something?

(Sorry for my bad english)

Daid303
23rd Oct 2003, 10:40 AM
add:
#exec OBJ LOAD FILE=..\Animations\MyPawns.ukx

in your class, maybe that helps.

rvillars
23rd Oct 2003, 11:31 AM
I already tried this but it didn't help :(
Thank you anyway.

Any other suggestions?