PDA

View Full Version : Sux / Ripoff

Free Man3D
19th Oct 2003, 03:34 PM
Hi, I tried the mod and it sux, too slow, buggy code and above all I remember they had a mod like that called Defense alliance which was far better than this one. Too bad it was cancelled for UT2003.

Ripoff sucky mod.

Radiosity
19th Oct 2003, 05:42 PM
Oooh, a Troll, now there's a novelty :) Glad you liked it :D Maybe you should go play CS, that'd probably suit you better than UT. Bye now :wavey:

Parser
20th Oct 2003, 12:01 PM
Hi, I tried the mod and it sux, too slow, buggy code and above all I remember they had a mod like that called Defense alliance which was far better than this one. Too bad it was cancelled for UT2003.

Ripoff sucky mod.

Ahahahahahahahahaha.

Sorry, I'll try and contain my laughter.

Now let's see, Defence Alliance.. ah, yes. Great mod. It was humans versus... bots, was it? Yes. BOTS, you self-egoed idiot.

Fraghouse Invasion pits humans against MONSTERS. Don't you dare accuse us of ripping off any mod whatsoever.

Secondly, it's slow probably because of the monsters. There is nothing we can do about this. UT2003 is a demanding game, and if you don't have the hardware to run it, then please don't complain to modmakers. Buggy code? How do you know it's buggy? Give me examples, please. It's very clean compared to some of the mod code I've seen out there.

Synastren
20th Oct 2003, 12:08 PM
Uh oh! You better go tell Epic that they shouldn't have included the regular version of Invasion in Unreal Tournament 2k3! :o
Of course, I'm sure CliffyB will have a heart attack as you're such a nice guy about it. :(
In any case, Invasion borrows its inginuity from Unreal, as it uses the same monsters. However, it spawns them in waves, a la Serious Sam (which is were I'd bet Defense Alliance got the idea). So, you've got DA taking inspiration from Serious Sam, using UT style-bots; and you've got Invasion doing likewise with their own models. Only Invasion is a professionally done thing, by the team that created the game. How you can equate something that was done by Epic to Defense Alliance (which, imo, sucked), is beyond me.

If anything, by the way, Invasion got its inspiration from Tally-Ho! or Monster Madness. STFU n00b. :)

Parser
20th Oct 2003, 12:10 PM
Ah, a typical BuF thread. ;)

Radiosity
20th Oct 2003, 12:17 PM
Viva la BuF! :D

[CD]Icedude
20th Oct 2003, 01:49 PM

Ripoff sucky mod.

Ah, where to begin? I havent been doing this riffing lark for a while...

Ok, if the mod's too slow, why dont you turn up the gamespeed? That's not that hard you know. Second, more than half the code is roughly based off epic's own, so why dont you go take it up with them, and besides, the only bugs I've encountered are the ones that you have to kill in the game.

Yes, Defence Alliance may be very similar, but that one was a total conversion mod, nothing was left unchanged, while this mod, on the other hand, is just a simple addition. I have DA installed right now, and it isn't that fun, seeing as you get slaughtered offline and no-one ever plays online. At least in this mod you can have bots to give you backup! I agree with you when you say "Too bad it was cancelled for UT2003", it could have been an assbucketload of fun, but it wont happen, amigo.

Hmm, run-on sentances, bad spelling and naff grammar... tell me, do you write fanfiction? ;)

Honestly, i cant believe you didnt even include any contact information so we could get back to you to see if you had any POSITIVE criticism, help make it better for everyone who plays... in fact, it seems like you havent even downloaded the mod, and based all your assuptions on screenshots. I suggest you try playing it, and if you have, play it again and think up something positive to say, otherwise you'll end up being reported to the forum moderators.

NOW THAT YOU'VE SCROLLED PAST IT, GO BACK AND READ IT, LAZY GOIT! :D

Raden
20th Oct 2003, 02:06 PM
Okay since Parser, the mod here, has already ripped you a new one, I guess he won't mind if I take a turn.

First, if your computer is too low end to run UT2K3 that's your f*cking problem, not his.

Second, if you HAD tried that mod, like you claim (and are obviously lying about) then you'd realize itis notjhing like Defence Alliance, which yes, did indeed suck. Epic made Invasion, Parser just added something on to it to improve. HE DIDN'T MAKE INVASION YOU F*CKING RETARD! Therefore, since he didn't make it, how does his mod rip off DA? Oh yeah *snaps fingers* it DOESN'T.

Third, it doesn't sound like you even know what code is much less how to find buggy code. Why don't you go ahead and point out some of these bugs you say there are? You make the claim, it's up to you to prove it. I'm waiting.

Fourth, http://www.unrealasylum.com/staff/nem/pics/biteme.png

Thanks for being an outlet, jackass! :D

[IsP]KaRnAgE
20th Oct 2003, 02:38 PM
LOL UT HAS SEETEAEEF!! THEY STOLED SEATEE-EPH FORM KWAYQ WTF!!!!

FragHouse: GJ on the mod. I like the map with the 3 story house :-):tup:

Radiosity
20th Oct 2003, 03:05 PM
FHINV-Monastary? Yep, cool map :) My favourite at the moment is Underground, feels just like an Aliens film with all the bugs and monsters swarming down the long corridor towards you :D :eek:

[CD]Icedude
20th Oct 2003, 04:02 PM
CSM: I think he means mansion, which is one of my favorites, my other fave is also underground, but i preffer mansion cause it has better framerates and more room to get a bigger team in

[IsP]KaRnAgE
20th Oct 2003, 04:50 PM
FHINV-Monastary? Yep, cool map :) My favourite at the moment is Underground, feels just like an Aliens film with all the bugs and monsters swarming down the long corridor towards you :D :eek:

Speaking of aliens... I can't help but wonder if a mod based on the Survivor mode in AvP2 would be possible in UT? Basically everyone starts off as "human". There is short FFA where the first person dead becomes a monster. Then the game begins. All the humans fight for survival in an attempt to last for the time limit. Every one who dies becomes a monster. Humans shouldn't be able to kill eachother after the first round. :) OMFG that would rock on the mansion level. :-)

Parser
22nd Oct 2003, 01:01 PM
Karn...

/me remembers CorpseMania for UT1.

:D

[IsP]KaRnAgE
22nd Oct 2003, 04:51 PM
Oh yeah... :o

What's even sad was that I played that mod alot more often than AvP2 so you would think I would have remembered that. :o

But still! Zombies are different! I'm talking monsters with strange abilities and powers! though you probably couldn't go too crazy. But you'd have to go crazy enough to distinguish the different between monsters and humans, since players can already do all sorts of acrobatics (dogde jumps and what not) .
:-)

TossMonkey
24th Oct 2003, 05:49 PM
I love it when they don't give constructive critisisms

Raden
1st Nov 2003, 09:48 AM
Where are the bugs, dickwad? You say they're here, POINT THEM OUT YOU GOD DAMN TROLL.

I'm a bit poissed off and this guy's a great outlet. :)

8mm_BuLLEt
5th Nov 2003, 01:10 PM
hey! go take your "this mod sux" to hawaii.

atleast SOME people like it, look, just go play a kiddies game.

theres one thing you need :

BRAINS

FluXs
20th May 2004, 06:55 PM
oh my.....

Hello from Defence Alliance! well first off DA is comming back to UT2004 and we will have offline support so i hope the suxor effect will lower, now this is not a plug. But i had a feeling a forum post like this would appear like this so i popped over to see.

IMO they are both different, hell i read people saying DA2 is a ripp off of Fraghouse invasion and invasion from 2003.

Invasion is a Mod to Invasion and DA2 is more a total conversion. I even have Fraghouse invasion on my pc. I dont see this as a ripp off and i like Fraghouse invasion.

It's nice to see people still talk about DA:UT but the flamming doesnt help anyone, so if the project leader of DA doesnt think its a ripp can we all be friends? :)

Parser
21st May 2004, 01:59 AM
Hey, FH has no beef with DA, I think what you've done with the mod since the UT1 version is cool (especially that latest exclusive sceenie, made me shat my pants ;) ), it just gets annoying when people try and compare the two in a not-very-nice way. DA is more or less a TC, whereas FHI2k4 is a rather admittedly big extension on the original Invasion. 'Nuff said. Now go play both... :)

FluXs
21st May 2004, 04:42 AM
Hey, FH has no beef with DA, I think what you've done with the mod since the UT1 version is cool (especially that latest exclusive sceenie, made me shat my pants ;) ), it just gets annoying when people try and compare the two in a not-very-nice way. DA is more or less a TC, whereas FHI2k4 is a rather admittedly big extension on the original Invasion. 'Nuff said. Now go play both... :)

/me gives hugs all around

You wouldn't be interested in helping us code DA2? :)

Parser
22nd May 2004, 07:09 AM
Ah, no, sorry, I have too much on my hands right now. But I do wish you the best of luck with the mod. :)