Fraghouse Invasion Released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.altan

Tomorrow
Dec 22, 2001
The Fraghouse (http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com) have finally released Fraghouse Invasion!

Fraghouse Invasion is a mod that modifies the original Invasion gametype in many ways. Firstly, it spawns the monsters at a specific actor or "location", if you like. This means that they no longer spawn at player start locations, so forts or defensive structures can be used to the player's advantage against the oncoming hordes of monsters. Alongside this, the mod features new maps, new weapons and much more importantly - a Nalicow invasion gametype!
The new weapons cause enough destructiveness to see you through to the last wave of monsters, and to help, you are kitted out with 300 health points at the start of the match, new pickups and more intelligent bots such as Malcolm and Brock. You are also given a warmup time of a minute to beef up your arsenal of weapons and organise defense positions. The map design is more gameplay and fun-biased than it is graphically, thankfully, considering all the monsters on screen.
This mod requires the Epic Bonus Pack which includes the Invasion gametype to run, and if you already have that, prepare for some fast, adrenaline-pumped action.

Download link

Screenshots link (lots of them)

Please feel free to leave feedback/suggestions/comments on the Fraghouse forums.

TossMonkey

brown bread?
Sep 4, 2001
Great Britain.
quakeguy.tumblr.com
Although the maps currently aren't the best atm I'm working on a level for this mod. I couldn't get it finished in time for the release but hopefully it will come soon.

[edit]

And btw, the weapons kick mucho ass on this mod. I love that plasma rocket launcher thing :D

Last edited:

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Yeah, now the mod is out, we'll be under less pressure with the maps, so we can spend longer on them, but the main focus is still on gameplay, not pretty visuals. Although the two can go hand in hand sometimes, and produce a good gaming experience.

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Nali cows are very cool, but these new weapons arent. Do we need new weapons? Cant you make this only an optional weapon mutator?

Maps need work, but have a lot of potential.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Doc_EDo said:
Nali cows are very cool, but these new weapons arent. Do we need new weapons? Cant you make this only an optional weapon mutator?

We (Fraghouse) kind of have a reputation about sticking weapons in our mods. With this mod, nothing has changed really. What's wrong with the new weapons? They add a refreshing change to the gameplay (in some maps) rather than just using the old standard arsenal.

[CD]Icedude

Hurf da Durf
Dec 13, 2001
#batcountry
Doc_EDo said:

Yeah, i have to admit that our maps aren't that good on the graphics front, but would you rather have a pretteh map that lags slightly even without resource crunching monsters?

I have been trying to make my ones look as good as possible without hurting framerate though :)

Doc_EDo

LEFT
Jan 10, 2002
Parser said:
We (Fraghouse) kind of have a reputation about sticking weapons in our mods. With this mod, nothing has changed really. What's wrong with the new weapons? They add a refreshing change to the gameplay (in some maps) rather than just using the old standard arsenal.
I hate to be this negative all the time, but your weapons suck.
It s cool to throw p00 into someones face once in a while, but not all the time.
You turned rocket laucher into pistol, shock rifle into automatic rifle etc...Come on.

Invasion is much better played with excessive weapons, or with ultra powerfull weapons like instagib.

[CD]Icedude said:
Yeah, i have to admit that our maps aren't that good on the graphics front, but would you rather have a pretteh map that lags slightly even without resource crunching monsters?

I have been trying to make my ones look as good as possible without hurting framerate though :)
You have to learn to increase TILE factor settings on terrain so that i DONT notice how textures are tiled.

Parser

Hello
May 7, 2002
England baby!
Doc_EDo said:
It s cool to throw p00 into someones face once in a while, but not all the time.
You turned rocket laucher into pistol, shock rifle into automatic rifle etc...Come on.

Invasion is much better played with excessive weapons, or with ultra powerfull weapons like instagib.

Rocket launcher into pistol? S'cuse me? I didn't turn it into a pistol, it's a powerful fast-firing chunk cannon. Cool to throw poo in someone's face? Are you referring to the spore rifle? That's not as commonly available as other weapons in the maps, so you don't get to do it all the time. And what's wrong with turning the shock rifle into an automatic rifle? Unless you tell me, I can't do anything about it.

[Edit]

Taking your point about excessive weapons.. so, a rocket launcher minigun and an extremely powerful flare launcher AREN'T excessive? What is, then? And if you mention Excessive, I'd just say that we have to think about frame-rates and lower-end computers, because we are.

And I didn't code all the weapons. The uWM package ones were created by ChainsawMonkey, just fyi.

Last edited:

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
Doc_EDo said:

Here is what I don't understand, you said Invasion is much better played with ultra powerful weapons, yet it sounds like your having a problem with those weapons that are very powerful. I'm sure they work much better in Invasion then the other gamemodes.

I think the normal monsters are more powerful, if I'm not mistaken there was a gasbag shooting rockets or something. This IMO would have to be the best fraghouse mod yet, good job guys :2thumb: !