TeamSpeak.. I don't think I need this feature but.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BigFolks

Apr 16, 2003
what If for key activation, they have key deactivation. Sometimes I wan't to turn my mic off, but I don't want to cover it up or unplug it or wait 10 minutes to minimize the game and open up 20 folders in order to get to it. Good idea or bad idea? You tell me.

Swedix

Retired from UT2004
Apr 19, 2000
In position
We are using voice activation in Ci. Once we started to use it our communication improved. If you jusr take the time to fine tune it work flawless. You also need a good headset.

So, I do agree to BF. A key for muting the mic would be great.
In fact, if you are using TS, you can bind a key to mute the mic.

Last edited:

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Swedix said:
In fact, if you are using TS, you can bind a key to mute the mic.

Exactly. There's an option to mute the mic, and all you have to do is bind a key to it. The "*" key on my keypad is bound for muting, so if I need to cough or talk to my wife or something, it won't be heard on TS.

Useful for the next time you need to belch, BigFolks.

The Warden

this is usually where youll find me
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
I have one of THESE---->
B00004Z474.01.INBX.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Big Mute button on it!

Last edited:

Deathmaker

Balanced
Mar 29, 2001
Manchester, England.
I use "press to talk" when playing 1st person shooters, I have it bound to the side mouse button. Games like MotoGP2 which I only use a gamepad for, I have to use voice activation. If it's configured properly, it's ok, when it's not it's awful! Just last night we had a long BF'42 session where we were forced to listen to one of the guy's wife watching Pop Idol, the extended version! :eek:
cry.gif

Here's the keybinds I use:

Attachments

• tskeys.jpg
    tskeys.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 16

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
agreed. Key activation makes it so that you are useless to the team while you are talking. HAving a key that toggle mutes the mic is much better.