UT99 Enhancement Patch, Need A Modder, $ May Be Involved

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Max]I[muS-X

Oct 17, 2003
Visit site
im working on designing an overall enhancement patch for ut, that will basically give it a new paint job, but keep the gameplay the same. i have a .txt of possible changes i would want done, but more could be added, as i need somebody to COLLABORATE with. money is tight, but if nobody wants to help me out of their own generousity or love of modding, i have $100 im willing to spend. contact me at a115331n6343@hotmail.com, or on IRC at irc.enterthegame.com, #51, nick is {51}Max]I[muS-X, thank you

Max]I[muS-X

Oct 17, 2003
Visit site
alrite, i was told the above wasnt specific enough, so here are a few IDEAS i have written down (not mandatory).

This is a growing list of IDEAL things i would want to add to an all encompassing mutator that would change the game (in no particular order). (X)'s are placed where a mod is already out that covers this. (/)'s are placed when a mod is partially completed covering this. (.)'s are placed when there is none.

1.) Team Colored ShieldBelt (X)
2.) Team Colored Fire (shock, pulse, etc) (X)
3.) Real Ducking (/) (a mod is out that does this, but it puts u a little underground)
4.) Latest TTM Mod (hit sounds, active warm up, various other options) (X)
5.) Tickrate Independent Weapons (/) (a mod is out that does this, but only for mini/pulse)
6.) "New Wave" Map Pack (.) (maps yet to be decided on/created)
7.) Decal Stay (/) (various sprites such as bullet shells etc remain in the mod available)
8.) New and Advanced Audio (.)
9.) Additional Achievements To Gain (.) (beyond monsterkill, godlike, etc)
10.) New and Advanced Textures/Graphics (.) (for splash damage sprites etc)
11.) New Skins (.) (humanoid; not yet decided on/created)
12.) Detailed F1 Information (X) (accuracy, efficiency, pl, netspeed, etc)
13.) Latest Cheat Protection (/) (the big anti-cheat mod soon to come)
14.) Clock Outside F1 (X) (part of TTM)
15.) Laser-Guided Ripper (.) (shows projected path of primary ripper, green when on target)
16.) Anti-Timing (.) (still no protection for this clientside cheat that i know of)
17.) Fair CTF Scoring (X)
18.) New Gameplay Mods (/) (not decided; may not be included)
19.) Advanced Blood Sprites (/) (fine blood flows out of target when hurt)
20.) Undetectable Feign Death (.) (no info given when target is looked upon, able to step on target, inflicts pain?)
21.) Flag Drop Button (.) (not neccessary, but would be useful. no feign death required)
22.) Translocam (X) (built-in cam for translocator; use varies, doesnt hurt gameplay imo)
23.) New Weapon Models (/)
24.) Advanced Skin Animation (skin changes as health goes down, aka bloodier, tattered clothing, etc..)
25.) Score Creation (.) (not kill count; based upon difficulty of kills, i.e weapon used, enemy status, movement of crosshair, player, and enemy target during execution, sequential kills, killing sprees, etc)
26.) Who Pushed Me Mod (X) (pushing someone to their death counts as ur kill)
27.) Invisible Spawn (X) (5 seconds invis default)
28.) 32 Bots/Players+ Allowed Maximum (/) (32 bots supposedly done; 32 or MORE)
29.) Long Distance Targetting (X)
30.) Powerups Alternator Mod (X) (get to choose which powerups remain on the map, and which dont, aka sb/vials only, etc)
31.) Ripper Headshot Fix (.) (target area from neck up, as opposed to from the forehead up)
32.) Primary Rockets Fix (.) (rockets load only 3 rockets, instead of 6)
33.) Adjustable Team Color (.)
34.) RealSkin Fix (X)
35.) No Lockdown (X)

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
You should look up playing UT2K3, it has lots of this already.

This isn't a mod, it's a full game. New models, sprites, sounds... sounds like a full game to me.

Good luck.

Max]I[muS-X

Oct 17, 2003
Visit site
theres several reasons why i dont like 2k3, but i dont wanna get into that. and as for new textures, sounds, etc.. i just wanted a touch up job, not a full makeover =). its basically for the community that still plays ut1, and i was trying to get something together. unfortunately it doesnt look like anybodys willing to take up the job.

and as far as i see, ut2k3 only has 8 (and not neccessarily done in a desired fashion) of the above 35 things listed. ;)

Last edited: