Anyone make this?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Cape

Use of cape does not allow user to fly
Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
thecapervb2.gif

Fitting of my game name. One color on The Cape would be more wanted. An Orange maybe. Thanks for the help (if you do).

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
there is a whole model a bit like that already, can't remeber the name though, somet like chains, i'll go and check now for you, not sure if it's on skincity though

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
it is on skincity, its called Hell-Spawn, here it is on skincity the pics don't really do it much juistice though so i took a few of my own, they're at the bottom, supports all team colours and it is animated as well, i am of course presuming you meant for UT and not UT2K3

Attachments

• Shot0006.JPG
    Shot0006.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 34
  • Shot0003.JPG
    Shot0003.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 32

The_Cape

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
That looks along the lines of what I am looking for, but any way you can eliminate the body? The hat and the cape are the only individual parts, or am I asking too much?

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
ah thats a better description i'm sure that wouldn't be too hard to model, i don't model though i only skin, but i'm sure someone else would be able to make it

Souless

What does this button do???......
Oct 9, 2003
FL,US
cant you jsut add an alphachannel to the texture of the body to turn it transprnt whith the animated cape still in the b/g?

The_Cape

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
I personally suck at this kind of thing and would very much appreciate some help. Thanks in advance.

RJGexplode

Renegade of Funk
Sep 21, 2003
UK
www.uksnipers.com
if i knew what an alpha channel was m8 i'd do it oh, and i'd also need to have the meshes for that model, i'll ask elsewhere if anyone can help ya coz it seems to me that not many people are looking at this thread

Last edited:

Souless

What does this button do???......
Oct 9, 2003
FL,US
RJGexplode said:
if i knew what an alpha channel was m8 i'd do it oh, and i'd also need to have the meshes for that model, i'll ask elsewhere if anyone can help ya coz it seems to me that not many people are looking at this thread

alpha channels are responsible for transperancies. if you look in an editing program like lets say Photo shop in the bottom right hand corner there is a channels tab click on it you wills ee 4 options
RGB=All the colors
Red=red channel
Green=green channel
Blue=Blue channel

you can create another channel called an alpha
it is resposible for all transperancies and it actualy works on a gray scale
from white to black... The alpha channel will be applied to the rgb as follows the closer the color represented in the alpha channel is to black the more transpert it will be and the closer the color is to white the more opaque it will be.the alpha channel will be the same size as the picture so you can specify what you want for each part like lets say you want to single out the body so that it will be totally transperent then in the texture wherever you want to make a skin invisible/transperent color that section completely black.

a couple things not many files can hold alpha channels i use a 32bit Targa file but ,dds files and i think png's hold alphas aswell im not so sure about the png though so you might want to check on that also this is how 2k3 skins work and im not sure if Ut engine treats alphas the same

~Soul~

The_Cape

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
Hitoshi said:
Hey cape..

Is that RvB as in Red Vs Blue? or is it a clan tag?

Red Vs Blue ownz lol.
Red vs Blue. Sponsership man.

Just wanted to ask if anyone has made any progress? UT or UT2K3? I appreciate the help.

The_Cape

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
I am hoping someone can make this, a model and a skin. It would be a challenge, but imagine how good it would make you. Maybe the SkinCity guys could help me out? This would just make their skinning even better. UT or UT2K3. Thanks to anyone and everyone who attempts it.

Psychic_313

non-deterministic
Yes, your linked skin is the ultimate in removing stuff with the alpha channel - it removes *everything* with the alpha channel.

However, that doesn't mean it's easy to make a skin/model of a cape - as your starting point, you still need a model with a cape in a UT2003-compatible format, and from what I've gathered, making flowing cloth animate properly is *hard*.

If I remember correctly, the Spawn model linked earlier is in the vertex-animated format (.3d/"LodMesh") supported by Unreal and UT, not the skeletal-animated format (.psk/.psa/"SkeletalMesh") supported by UT v432+ and UT2. Also, its "cape" is rather low-poly and, as a result, pretty rigid - no big deal in normal use (since the actual model draws your attention), but if all you could see was the cape, I imagine it'd look weird.

Last edited:

The_Cape

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
Psychic_313 said:
Yes, your linked skin is the ultimate in removing stuff with the alpha channel - it removes *everything* with the alpha channel.

However, that doesn't mean it's easy to make a skin/model of a cape - as your starting point, you still need a model with a cape in a UT2003-compatible format, and from what I've gathered, making flowing cloth animate properly is *hard*.

If I remember correctly, the Spawn model linked earlier is in the vertex-animated format (.3d/"LodMesh") supported by Unreal and UT, not the skeletal-animated format (.psk/.psa/"SkeletalMesh") supported by UT v432+ and UT2. Also, its "cape" is rather low-poly and, as a result, pretty rigid.
I dont really understand the technical mumbo-jumbo, and I am new at skinning, but thanks for the help anyway. I don't really need a flowing Cape, I kinda just wanted the skin for fun. I wasn't going to take it online or something.