OMG, this is so gay...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
How come everything bad suddenly seems to be able to be summed up with the word 'gay'? I mean I saw the title to thread saying 'concession speeches are so gay...' or something like tht, and I couldn't help thinking, how are they exactly? Do they hook up with other concession speeches of the same gender? :confused:

Things iv recently heard described as gay: Iraq, my university, a bus, hitler (ok, ok, but they didn't mean it like tht) and some chewing gum someone had left on a bench.

Oh and i'm guessing somebody will have called this thread gay within a few posts or so...

I dunno why it bugs me so much, cause the word isn't offensive and it's no surprise when I hear certain types of straight blokes say it all the time, but wen it crosses over into gay blokes sayin it...I can't help shouting at them 'Well what the **** are you?'

Seriously tho, is it just me that it annoys? I mean maybe it's obvious tht it cud get to gay people but what about everyone else?

But faaaaaaaaaaar worse than 'gay' is 'ghey'. that's so ghey! what? why? arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!

Right, enough of this, i'm off to get my wrist limpened whilst I listen to madonna. Or kylie.

ps. I appologise tht only my third thread ever didn't quite have the class of the 'Official record the sound of your fart and post it thread'.

pps. I know limpened isn't a word. Nor is bulaloop, but I said it anyway.

ppps. The author takes no responsibility for any damaging of sexuality or any loss of machoness (also not a word) encountered during the reading (if anyone bothered) of this thread. Send all complaints to Dopefish, who will dutifly ignore them as he has nothing to do with it. Thx D.

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
my friends and I use the word, not as the homosexual meaning...but in means saying your stupid...

For instance..

"That was gay!"

"Shut up, that was gay."

We dont mean to offend anyone and we just use it for fun.

In Delaware, Gay has a different meaning!!!(lol)

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
If you can't grasp the fact that a single word can have two different meanings you won't get very far with English. In fact, you won't even understand that last sentence, particularly if you read it out loud, due to the inclusion of the words 'you', 'can', 'two' and 'get'.

_Zd_Phoenix_

Queen of BuFdom
May 1, 2001
Over the street. With binoculars.
Visit site
Sam_The_Man said:
If you can't grasp the fact that a single word can have two different meanings you won't get very far with English. In fact, you won't even understand that last sentence, particularly if you read it out loud, due to the inclusion of the words 'you', 'can', 'two' and 'get'.

But it doesn't REALLY have two meanings...it just has different applications. You can either use it factually or as an insult to create offence/offense (<----i really cant spell, which for someone doing an english degree is soooooo not good) because it suggests the factual meaning.

Get that? No? Good! That means we can ignore this and party. Or at least I can, there's a bar no more than 10 meters from where im sitting.

But then again from what some BuFers say, it seems like they have a mini-bar no further than 10cm away from them at any particular point in time...

appologies to non metric types :)

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
SOULJA said:
In Delaware, Gay has a different meaning!!!(lol)

not really, like in many states, there is still resentment of the homosexuals. Even if you yourself have no problem with it, associating gay with bad will still happen.

I try to avoid calling things gay (and if I do I spell it ghey :D), but it is just human nature. Give it a few decades and this will pass.

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
one_gundam_war said:
not really, like in many states, there is still resentment of the homosexuals. Even if you yourself have no problem with it, associating gay with bad will still happen.

I try to avoid calling things gay (and if I do I spell it ghey :D), but it is just human nature. Give it a few decades and this will pass.

well...sir...you belong in slower lower kthxcomeagain... :D

Lyndsay #2337

Squeaky Penguin
Aug 12, 2001
Visit site
I for one think we should use gay as a Homonym more!

For example:

Gay_The_Gay said:
If you can't Gay the Gay that a single Gay can have two Gays you won't get very Gay with Gay. In fact, you won't even Gay that last Gay, particularly if you Gay it out loud, due to the Gay of the Gays 'you', 'can', 'two' and 'get'.

:B

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Originally Posted by Smurf_The_Smurf
If you can't Smurf the Smurf that a single Smurf can have two Smurfs you won't get very Smurf with Smurf. In fact, you won't even Smurf that last Smurf, particularly if you Smurf it out loud, due to the Smurf of the Smurfs 'you', 'can', 'two' and 'get'.
:B

D66

Grey Pilgrim
Feb 2, 2000
Gondolin
Visit site
ok
in the beginning.
Gay, meant happy or joyful
The Homosexual community then adopted that word for the very reason as it helped to show that they were happy with their lifestyle.
Then homophobic people started calling eachother gay as an insult
And that slowly progressed to the calling of everything that is "dumb" "gay"
Point is, "Gay" is a more intolerant term than "stupid" "Dumb" or "Fscked up" as it associates a person's lifestyle with a negative
So, I try to avoid and discourage the use of "gay" in favor of the other options I have stated

Last edited:

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
D66 said:
Then homophobic people started calling eachother gay as an insult
And that slowly progressed to the calling of everything that is "dumb" "gay"
Point is, "Gay" is a more intolerant term than "stupid" "Dumb" or "Fscked up" as it associates a person's lifestyle with a negative

I consider homophobes as 'gay' then ^^ . Unfortunately, we are living intolerant times and it seems that some people have to get at people to seemingly compensate for the frustration they're going through in their lives. I abhor such an attitude and, in my eyes, the use of gay in this context equates with the word 'nigg*r' (which is a hate word).

Status
Not open for further replies.