Analog goodness.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
I just snagged one of these babies off of Ebay.

a7_3.JPG

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
oo ****ing sweet! ive always wanted one of those!
i got me an 8track at a yard sale not too long ago:D

PhrozeN

And Apple a day keeps the doctor away
Sep 16, 2001
Winnipeg MB
www.redfire-mg.com
Stupid 8 track player ate my Iron Butterfly tape :mad: Have you ever broke open an 8 track tape? I have no idea how the hell that 8 track worked, how the tape looped back on itself makes me wonder :hmm:

Lizard Of Oz

Demented Avenger
Oct 25, 1998
In a cave & grooving with a Pict
www.nsa.gov
I reason I got it was because I have a dozen old Reel-To-Reel tapes that I made many years ago.
Some are music compliations and others are tracks of me playing the guitar.

This is the same Make & Model of Reel-To-Reel Recorder/Player I had back then. It can be made
to operate as a 4-track over-dubing machine. I can do the same thing (and more) with my computer
and various pieces of multi-track recording software, but with the computer it's a bit of a pain
getting it setup. I'll use the computer to do the final rerecordings and editing, but the Reel-to-Reel
is great for just screwing around and writing. I'll be able to just plug-in, hit record and
play. I record myself just screwing around. I listen to it later, keep the stuff I like, dump
the stuff the sucks, get ideas for doing different things and repeat until I'm ready to record
some serious stuff.