Exion MOD for UT2003 ready for download

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
George, welcome to BuF, thanks for posting!

Looks interesting, but the host server is very slow or bogged down. I'm on a full t1 and I'm getting 9kbps on the download... Can you get it out to one of the fast gaming site mirrors?

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
:eek: Looks cool!! That could be a lot of fun, I can just imagine players intentionally jumping in front of rockets, defending their structures :D
cool.gif

spineblaZe

VFX Extraordinaire
Apr 8, 2003
MN
Visit site
You're the second person that has told me that :con: Are you people standing on your heads or something? Looks fine to me ;)

Yeah, I will be downloading this as soon as I get home from work, looks fun. :D

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
This looks pretty interesting. I'll check it out when I get home tonight. Oh, and welcome to BuF George.

I've never seen spine's sig any other way, so I'm assuming upsidedown = rightsideup? :con:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
TWD said:
Ok the level runs terribly. I get frames of 20 at some points and that's without other players on the screen. I can't comment on the gameplay nobody to play it with.

What I'm getting here is that it's a damn great idea, but too much physics involved for non-monster systems.

Damn this engine is sweet!!!

GeorgeV

Oct 9, 2003
www.niara.hu
The Unreal Warfare graphics engine designed for the many small rooms (I don't know that, when I planned the OctagonArena map). In Exion MOD the OctagonArena map is a big arena. In the next map I will make the many small rooms for the faster fps. The "Karma" physics engine required strong processor. So, strong hardware and fast net connection required.

Tip: Use the adjustable telescope (right click) at "Exion type Assault Rifle" and "Exion type Assault Rifle Plus" weapon while you are firing the enemy or the destroyable stuff. This increase the FPS.

GeorgeV

Oct 9, 2003
www.niara.hu
TWD said:
Ok the level runs terribly. I get frames of 20 at some points and that's without other players on the screen. I can't comment on the gameplay nobody to play it with.

What type of your processor and video card?

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
I run on a xp1800 and a radeon 8500 video card. I really think that half the bad frames is due to being such a huge level and all the eyecandy. I've seen levels with use of karma in it and I didn't get a hit like this.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
how do you win the game? Just set TDM Fraglimit or Timelimit? I thought if you destroyed all the enemy targets you win...

I tried to make the bridges fall on me and crush me, but they went right through me :lol:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
TWD <-- it's not very likely you've seen a level with the amount of Karma this requires.

NeoNight

Lurker
Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
WebSlinger said:
how do you win the game? Just set TDM Fraglimit or Timelimit? I thought if you destroyed all the enemy targets you win...

I tried to make the bridges fall on me and crush me, but they went right through me :lol:

lol yeah and if you blow up a wall any small piece that falls on you crushes you :eek: llol