pawn infront of sheet for 2d mod, still has to look 2d.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rens2Sea

Total Exp: 1338 > leet
Aug 22, 2002
Lelystad - Holland
I'm creating a mod that is almost totaly 2d.
The maps(only 1 yet) are also 2d and look like this:

TDW5.jpg

They are made using sheets and blocking volumes.
Lets take a closer look to one of those chains:

TDW0.jpg

Oi, this doesn't look right... The pawn has to be infront of the sheet but it still has to look 2d. But how?

The map is in the attachment if you want to take a look and maybe even fix it :D

Attachments

• TDW-Test.zip
    124 KB · Views: 3

Rens2Sea

Aug 22, 2002
Lelystad - Holland
He uses static meshes and it's not 'real' 2d, projectiles still fly in the Y-axis and stuff, while my mod uses sheets, 1) to keep it very low poly, and 2) so it looks more like Soldat, and the projectiles/bots/maps don't use the Y-axis.

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
now youre finally backing up your last comment, good.
becouse now i do understand.

but why keep it low poly if it can handle tonz of em without a realy fps drop?
(just a question)

i cant help any furtherwith the problem, but it has something 2 do with everything being on the same 'layer' there should be something like 'bots' should be the top layer.

k0lpA

OMFG the cow bus !!
Aug 19, 2002
Canada / Quebec
Visit site
how do u know where u shoot in this mod ? is there a mouse controlled crosshair like in soldat ? and also, I cant really see from the 1st screenshot but when I tried to place the cam farther the players started to look strange because of LOV or something like that.. did u fix this ?

Rens2Sea

Aug 22, 2002
Lelystad - Holland
Well, the crosshair stuff is kinda based on your 2d mod :eek:
But i tryed to make it Soldat style but Epic ****ed up the ScreenToWorld function... See this thread.
And i haven't had a LOV(?) problem, everything looks great.

(If you don't want me to 'use' your code just tell and i'll try something different, if possible)