Anti TCC v1.09 released

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
A new version of the anti cheat/anti tweak mutator Anti TCC is out. This version has a lot of changes and some interesting new features: NetSpeed checks, more differenciated WhatToDo settings and it's almost fully configurable from the webadmin interface.

Changes since v1.08:
  • The Anti TCC message window now has a "More Information" button which leads the kicked player to a web page explaining the problem. You can find this page at http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/AntiTCC.html
  • The aim accuracy check which unfortunately caused many false positives with the message "Suspicious Client Detected" has been removed in this version.
  • NetSpeed checks. NetSpeed settings below 2600 (the lowest setting a user can select through the UT2003 menu) or too many changes are detected by Anti TCC.
  • Both the Anti TCC package and the current map are QuickMD5 checked automatically, but still you should add the FullMD5 check from the default settings in AntiTCC109DefINI.txt.
  • Hopefully more efficient detection of cheats based on the concept of the Invisible Player cheat.
  • Improved Simple Log Mode and two admin console commands to activate or deactivate it without the need to restart the server or switch to webadmin. This might be useful for debugging e.g. the problem with the message box appearing when it shouldn't.
  • Also for testing proposes any of Anti TCC's checks can be disabled now. This also includes the integrity checks which were always enabled in earlier versions to make sure the client really does what the server expects it to do.
  • Another level of SET command checks (CheckBasic) has been added, which really only checks for critical cheats like, overbright player and projectile skins, modified distance fog, etc. See the Anti TCC FAQ link mentioned above.
  • The WhatToDo setting has been split up to allow more detailed configuration of what to do when a cheat is detected. Also WhatToDo isn't configured through numbers anymore, but uses named values which should be easier to recognize. Possible values are LogOnly, Message, Kick, SessionBan, PermanentBan and the slightly unconventional Llamaize. The Llamaize effect lasts one minute since the last (re)activation and makes aiming a really tough job, because both the view and the crosshair move around like drunken.
  • New settings for Anti TCC's server details appearance. Anti TCC's settings or also the Anti TCC mutator can be hidden from the server details.
  • All Anti TCC settings except for the list of file checks can be configured from the web admin interface now.
Download:
http://www.koehler-homepage.de/Wormbo/download2k3.html

ߣäkë_Mûrdø¢k

HeyZeus is in the hizzhouse!
Jun 24, 2001
British Columbia, Canada
www.wka-clan.com
My clan just recently installed this version of TCC on our server and for some reason it keeps coming up with some weird error. We tried going back to an older verison (1.08) and got the samething. Until installing 1.09, we had been using version 1.07 and it was working fine. So I don't really know whats up, here's the error.

[22:29] <Jammer{tWe}> Error Verifying Packages
[22:29] <Jammer{tWe}> Anti TCC message: "The server could not verify the file filename."
[22:29] <Jammer{tWe}> This message is triggered when Anti TCC can't find the specified file or the package package isn't loaded on the client but the server admin has specified, that it is not optional. Anti TCC preloads the packages Aliens, Bot, HumanMaleA, HumanFemaleA, BrightPlayerSkins and TTM2003_skins on the client and certain other packages like PlayerSkins, Jugg or Weapons are always loaded.
[22:29] <Jammer{tWe}> You should probably contact the server admin about making the file optional or removing it from the Checks list.
[22:29] <Jammer{tWe}> Important information for serveradmins: For some reason some versions of Anti TCC add a Checks entry for themselves with a wrong GUID and MD5 by default. If you get this message for the Anti TCC .U file you need to copy the [AntiTCCxxx.AntiTCCSecurity] section from the file AntiTCCxxxDefINI.txt to the server's INI file. If possible, make sure the server isn't running while you upload the new INI file.

Any idea's on why it's causing this ?

We have currently gone back to the version that works on our server's. Which is 1.07 as I had said above.

Thanks for any help that can be given. :)

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Check that you updated the mutator guids and all that stuff, if
its still looking for the old version and you didnt update the
hash it thinks people are using a modified version.

[EDIT] That could have been clearer lol, my bad english

Look in your utsecure section, are you still checking for
an old version of antitcc there? if so update that

Last edited:

[Ci]Necro

Dec 8, 2002
www.clanci.net
I_LoveToKill said:
Look in your utsecure section, are you still checking for
an old version of antitcc there? if so update that

... There should NOT be a utsecure section... AntiTCC is now completely separate from utsecure, and it is no longer required...

I_LoveToKill

Danish Bastard!
Nov 11, 2001
Denmark
Oh yeah thats right, but still check the Guid/md5 in the
antitcc section and make sure they are correct, I had this
same error, and it was because I just typed everything by
hand and forgot to change the Guid/md5 and only the filename
in the 'checks' line - server pushed v1.08 but the check was
for the v1.07 hash, gave everyone that error.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
I_LoveToKill said:
Make the link to 'more info' configurable so admins can point it to the page hosted on thier own servers.
Very good idea. Admins might have more specific information why they use a certain setting or refuse certain files.

ߣäkë_Mûrdø¢k said:
My clan just recently installed this version of TCC on our server and for some reason it keeps coming up with some weird error. We tried going back to an older verison (1.08) and got the samething. Until installing 1.09, we had been using version 1.07 and it was working fine. So I don't really know whats up, here's the error.

Any idea's on why it's causing this ?

We have currently gone back to the version that works on our server's. Which is 1.07 as I had said above.

Thanks for any help that can be given. :)
Seems like somehow an older build's configuration was used instead the default configuration when compiling the release build. Make sure you copy the GUID and MD5 from the AntiTCC109DefINI.txt file to your server's INI and upload the INI while the server isn't running or at least while it's shutting down.

I'd like to point out a bug which causes backslashes in the FName component of the Checks settings to disappear. This is a bug in UT2003 with loading and saving this kind of setting from the game and will be triggered when using webadmin.

[Ci]Necro

Dec 8, 2002
www.clanci.net
wormbo, my clan's captain just installed 1.09 on our servers, and right off the bat, we were getting a$$loads of these lines in the log file (custom log, with simple turned on):

[18:41:05] - [INSECURE CLIENT] |OUF|PâpâBêâr [ 123455676a84077527cdc9be41f54ea1 ] IP: XX.XXX.X.XX:2024 Security ID: 1 using v2225
[18:41:05] - Anti TCC integrity violation: Client doesn't check Center View

and when i say a$$loads, I really do mean a$$loads (well over 1000 of them, and it wasn't just papabear, another member had the same line, repeated in the log file 4 or 5 times per second, every second, for about 15 or so minutes...

[18:55:17] - [INSECURE CLIENT] |OUF|Fire~Bush [ 414d43b70b62890efb9zfa9f369f7a9b ] IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:1912 Security ID: 3 using v2225
[18:55:17] - Anti TCC integrity violation: Client doesn't check Center View

I have since turned off centerview checks until i can resolve this... (yes he may have pressed the centerview button, but its very unlikely due to the key being on the opposite end of the keyboard, and the fact that the log file is over 150k in size, he wouldn't have hit the key 1000's of times)...

Any insight would be great! :)

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
|OUF|Necro said:
[18:55:17] - [INSECURE CLIENT] |OUF|Fire~Bush [ 414d43b70b62890efb9zfa9f369f7a9b ] IP: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:1912 Security ID: 3 using v2225
[18:55:17] - Anti TCC integrity violation: Client doesn't check Center View
This doesn't mean he pressed Center View, it means Anti TCC can't check for Center View clientside because there's some sort of problem. Could you please send me server, client and Anti TCC logs of that problem as well as the server's configuration so I can check what's wrong with that?

[Ci]Necro

Dec 8, 2002
www.clanci.net
I can try... but the server's log has probably been overwritten...

<edit>... nope, it probably hasn't been overwritten (i just checked, and the log file is over 550 MEG in size!... There's a major problem, i havent ever seen a server log that size... it's downloading right now, i'll be at work today, so i'll take a look at it, and see why its so bloody big later today...</edit>

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Wormbo said:
[*]NetSpeed checks. NetSpeed settings below 2600 (the lowest setting a user can select through the UT2003 menu) or too many changes are detected by Anti TCC.

This bothers me...on my connection I have to change my netspeed quite a bit to find a good setting to play without getting tons of lag...often this is more than 3 or 6 times during a match.

Also, if you use dynamic netspeed it's feasible that it would change more than this amount of times during a match.

What is the purpose of this setting????

[Ci]Necro

Dec 8, 2002
www.clanci.net
wormbo, do you want me to send you the whole file?? i can if you'd like, it'll probably compress pretty well, as there are hundreads of thousands (100,000+) lines like the following:
Warning: CTFSquadAI DM-DE-Ironic.CTFSquadAI (Function UnrealGame.CTFSquadAI.PriorityObjective:004F) Accessed None
Warning: CTFSquadAI DM-DE-Ironic.CTFSquadAI (Function UnrealGame.CTFSquadAI.AllowTranslocationBy:0016) Accessed None
ScriptLog: Warning - PATHS NOT DEFINED or NO PLAYERSTART
Warning: CTFSquadAI DM-DE-Ironic.CTFSquadAI (Function UnrealGame.CTFSquadAI.MustKeepEnemy:0011) Accessed None
Warning: CTFSquadAI DM-DE-Ironic.CTFSquadAI (Function UnrealGame.CTFSquadAI.CheckSquadObjectives:000A) Accessed None
Warning: CTFSquadAI DM-DE-Ironic.CTFSquadAI (Function UnrealGame.CTFSquadAI.CheckSquadObjectives:0047) Accessed None
Warning: CTFSquadAI DM-DE-Ironic.CTFSquadAI (Function UnrealGame.CTFSquadAI.CheckSquadObjectives:0069) Accessed None
Warning: CTFSquadAI DM-DE-Ironic.CTFSquadAI (Function UnrealGame.CTFSquadAI.CheckSquadObjectives:0223) Accessed None

I'm going to fudge with the settings, see what's going on... I also noticed something with ttm's irc reporting that probably doesnt have anything to do with a.tcc...

omega_n_c

Oct 26, 2003
Hey Wormbo,

Since the new version of Anti TCC came out, I keep getting kicked on some servers. Anti TCC tells me my netspeed is below 2600. Which is not true, its around 7000. I always set my Network settings in the main menu, to Cable/DSL. I got cable, I got a very good connection, my average ping is around 60. I tried manually changing the netspeed to 8000, 9000, 10000 in the UT2003.ini file, still get kicked, I set my Net settings to ISDN, which does not kick me, its at 5000. But it sucks because it lags my game.
My program directory is untouched, never installed bots,hacks,...etc.
just the latest UT2K3 patch v2255.
I see other players on the server playing with netspeed of 8000,10000.
Is the problem on my side or on the server side?
Netspeed check is very important, I seen many times, my shots bounce off the player, most of the time its in the air.