PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm. Anyone for tennis?

[IsP]KaRnAgE
8th Oct 2003, 01:26 PM
Realizing that I probably will not be learning how to code/model/animate/map anytime soon, I've decided to drop off an idea. :-)
Unreal Tennis?
Is something like that even possible? Picture Gorge and Mr. Crow going one on one on a tennis court in HELLLLLL!

The way it could be set up is like this.
Each map has multiple courts much like RA maps have multiple arenas. I think 8 courts per map would be best. That way if 4 people were in each court, that would only be 32 players. PERFECT. The game wouldn't be terribly realistic obviously. Could add a ball trail for better vision. IMO the game should be played 3rd person view. Basically like most tennis games are. After scoring, the model could do a taunt animation and a vocal taunt. Besides map meshes (net, etc) the only new models would be the ball and the racket. The characters would need some tennis animations as well.
I have PLENTY more ideas, but one at a time. :P

Parser
8th Oct 2003, 02:26 PM
Omfg tennis! :o

How about shield gun tennis? ;)
Wouldn't be very playable online, but omfg. :o

[IsP]KaRnAgE
9th Oct 2003, 03:41 PM
I dunno, there was a particular version of deathball with massive volleying battles. Maybe with some tweakage, it could work. :o Though high pingers would definitely be screwed now matter what. :(
Would Unreal Volleyball work better online? :p Courts could be set up the same way. :o

DavidM
11th Oct 2003, 08:39 PM
Uhm guys, we have tennis in Deathball.
www.deathball.net

Parser
12th Oct 2003, 05:08 AM
Uhm guys, we have tennis in Deathball.
www.deathball.net

Well you might do, but that wouldn't stop a different interpretation of a tennis mod being made.
And.. unless the tennis mod is separate, some people might not want to download the whole Deathball package. Just a thought.

8mm_BuLLEt
7th Nov 2003, 02:25 PM
i suppose... but karma is needed in the tennisball and the net. maybe actualy model a realistic tennisbat with cannons :D .