"and if I’m not in hell POSTAL 3 shall be born."

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

larrystorch

Jul 16, 2001
The Right Coast
www.beyondunreal.com
That's straight from Vince Desi, the CEO of Running With Scissors in this Jolt.co.uk interview.

Vince touches on the extreme nature of the game, the loyal throngs that play it, and violence in games and life in general. This is a great interview. I wish it would have gone alot more in depth with him.

WARNING: Might not be safe for work or the younger crowd.

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
The Highway to the Danger Zone
I found Postal 2 to be an utter disappointment. The game tried so hard to be so bad that it became bad in the wrong way. My biggest gripe in the game was the violence. Very little gore compared to Soldier Of Fortune. The level of gore was nothing unlike what was present in UT. Decapitations.. some blood spatter.. I thought this game was supposed to be a statement about violence in video games? Instead, they opted for immature gross outs. :hmm:

.altan

Tomorrow
Dec 22, 2001
I agree with Karnage. Running with Scissors is the gaming-industry equivalent of bands like Cradle of Filth, and that one band planning to have a suicide "Hell on Earth" :p

Ulukai

May 2, 2000
Postal is so cool, even cooler than my favorit band which is Limp Biscuits!!!!

No world of a lie

ps the developars slept with ur mom just how cool

larrystorch

Jul 16, 2001
The Right Coast
www.beyondunreal.com
Cradle of Filth is a great Black Metal band. They pull no punches and deliver exactly what they advertise.

As far as Postal 2, I have yet to play it (no linux port), but Vince speaks his mind and wont spin it to be politically correct. That takes guts in the business world.

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
Guts maybe, but the game didn't deliver IMO. The risks taken were the dumbest ones. Racial stereotypes and gross outs. How different is this from a cheap movie? They had an opportunity to push boundaries when it came to actual violence. They dropped the ball. :hmm:

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
They should have said they wanted to make a campy game then. Instead we get cheat racial jokes, and the same ol' level of violence we've had since 99'. The only thing that stands out in my mind about P2 is the diseased cow head, and urination. In the first release it took a hell of a lot of bullets to kill someone. :( I don't know how strong it is now though. IMHO, GTA3/VC did more for pushing boundaries than P2 did. :(