PDA

View Full Version : dm-Academy complete rebuild???

Master Roshi
5th Oct 2003, 08:24 PM
Unreal Academy Built by "Gary Myers"
For discription go here (http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=112944) or get it here. (http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=1772)

Ok about the rebuild by now you have looked at the first link to see what the original map looked like. Here are the images from my remake. The other one was too out of whack to use it as a base so I started from a piece of paper on a clipboard. The lay out pretty much stayed the same. New graphics were added to make it look more like a school and not a warehouse.

Pic #1 Hallway on the first floor. “unfinished”
Pic #2 New library layout. “unfinished”
Pic #3 Front of the building with added parking lot “unfinished”
Pic #4 Empty classroom. “unfinished”

ALL comments / suggestions are welcome!

BIGBLUEYES
6th Oct 2003, 12:55 PM
I would say that the archi is kinda squarish but schools are often like that...
But the lighting is bad all around, looks too plain and without contrasts.
Work on it before it becomes "final" :)

Master Roshi
6th Oct 2003, 09:52 PM
I know It is unfinnished I am still tring to adjust the lighting. And I just got clearence by the origional author to complete it. How do you think the lighting should be done?

Master Roshi
9th Oct 2003, 12:00 AM
Unrealed Startd toing something strange it would not build the map w/o crashing. I traced the problem to the biddle section of the map and has to be rebuilt "again".

I also ran into a problem with texturing. I cannot find a good texture for floors and stairs.

BIGBLUEYES
10th Oct 2003, 12:12 PM
Unrealed Startd toing something strange it would not build the map w/o crashing. I traced the problem to the biddle section of the map and has to be rebuilt "again".

I also ran into a problem with texturing. I cannot find a good texture for floors and stairs.

Yeah....that UED2 crash without warning thing IS A PAIN in the... But what can we do... :rolleyes:

for the textures, humm...let me think, i will have a look in my tex folder and will come back with some ideas if you don't mind to wait a bit. :)