PDA

View Full Version : packet loss

KrazyK
5th Oct 2003, 01:37 PM
Is anyone else noticed inbound packet loss from the mothership in the past week? I suspect that it's my isp but I'll check here first.

Sexmachine
5th Oct 2003, 02:43 PM
Maybe it's because of the multiple mutators running atm.

Homeslice
5th Oct 2003, 03:09 PM
Is this why the game kept crashing on me, possibly 'cause of the server (and did it happen to anyone else at all)?

RevBillyG
5th Oct 2003, 03:27 PM
I can't even get on now. Just crashes everytime :/

Wormbo
5th Oct 2003, 04:51 PM
That packet loss might be due to the spammy nature of the flame thrower and the poop rifle. I don't know if and how the crashes are related to the mutators, that would need some investigation, but hey they sure are fun. (The mutators, not the crashes. ;))

SirTahngarth
5th Oct 2003, 11:19 PM
we've played with the BUF pack before without having this problem, so I suspect it lies in one of the toher mutators (the quake 3 one, the new relics? what else?)

Sexmachine
6th Oct 2003, 05:01 AM
Looks like Pure does not like the EnhancedItem mutator that much (just a guess) ... but don't worry, as the server returns 'back to normal' later today. Cool stuff Wormbo - thanks! :)

CoolDude
6th Oct 2003, 06:49 AM
but don't worry, as the server returns 'back to normal' later today.It was fun, I'm gonna miss it for sure ... sniff
:cool: (me cries behind my sunglasses)

Katana
6th Oct 2003, 06:59 AM
:D i can snipe again :D

Wormbo
6th Oct 2003, 10:08 AM
Yeah, the non-working zoom sucked, indeed. But even worse than no zoom is TrueBlood still popping off heads like always. ;)

CoolDude
6th Oct 2003, 10:28 AM
:D i can snipe again :DAnd you think that makes us all feel happy again ??? ;)

Trueblood
6th Oct 2003, 01:14 PM
Yeah, the non-working zoom sucked, indeed. But even worse than no zoom is TrueBlood still popping off heads like always. ;)
:lol: you were not the only headless chicken running about :lol:
Can you keep the UT2003 redeemer effect? looks soooo much better