Who should play the new Dr. Who?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
Well, finally, the BBC are planning a new series of Dr. Who to be aired in 2005. So, a simple but obvious question - what actor should play the Doctor? (AFAIK there has been no official decision yet).

Or if you can't think of a name, what kind of person/character should the new doctor have?

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
I heard that the guy off Jonathon Creek could be the new Doctor Who. He certainly looks the part. A woman would be an interesting change though.

.altan

Tomorrow
Dec 22, 2001
Picturing George W. Bush as Dr. Who offers some interesting mental imagery...

His term will probably be over by then, who's going to re-elect him? :D

Metakill

Inhumane
Feb 18, 2000
Redwood City, CA USA
Yes, but the Doctor needs to be likeable. Bush would make a good Valiard or perhaps a Davros like character.

I think Paul McGann would be fine, if they undid his first story and didn't try to Americanize stuff. In any case, it shouldn't be some super-famous actor. True, I am not British, but I had never heard of any of the actors until they took on the role, and I prefer it that way.

Anyway, they should return to an older and more forceful Doctor like John Pertwee.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
No, Time Lords are meant to have 13 regenerations ... McGann would have been number 8.

1. William Hartnell 1963-66
2. Patrick Troughton 1966-69
3. Jon Pertwee 1970-74
4. Tom Baker 1974-81
5. Peter Davison 1981-84
6. Colin Baker 1984-86
7. Sylvester McCoy 1987-89
8. Paul McGann 1996

Last edited:

DedMeat

Dapper Rat
May 9, 2000
Great Britain
iolair said:
This may be of interest --> http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/features/newwhotv_reactions.shtml

After reading some of the other stuff on the BBC site, some of the names that seem to be coming out of the rumour mill are:

Allan Davies
Bill Nighy
Eddie Izzard
Richard E Grant

All good choices, but Eddie Izzard would absolutely rock...a transvestite Dr Who :lol:

If you want a forceful Doctor then go for Jimmy Nail :D