PDA

View Full Version : I hope Howard Dean doesn't get the Democratic nomination

Clayeth
5th Oct 2003, 11:09 AM
I don't want to vote for Bush, but I don't know how much better this guy would be. In the most rediculous and overblown story of the week, he played a major part, calling for ESPN to fire Rush Limbaugh because he said Donovan McNabb was overrated and that everyone wants to see black quarterbacks succeed. I expected an overreaction from Sharpton, that's how he has made his money all his life... that and being a drug dealer.

Assymilator
5th Oct 2003, 11:33 AM
That's why, if I could vote, I'd vote for Clark.

Clayeth
5th Oct 2003, 11:52 AM
I really haven't heard that much about what Clark wants to do as president. But him or Kerry look look like decent candidates.

ZenPirate
5th Oct 2003, 11:53 AM
I think we may see Clark picked up as a vice president, if he doesn't get the nomination. Personally, I would vote for him.

Nickelass
5th Oct 2003, 07:10 PM
Dean looks like an ******* to me. but i cant vote anyway so all i can do is sit back and watch.

Assymilator
5th Oct 2003, 09:06 PM
I think we may see Clark picked up as a vice president, if he doesn't get the nomination. Personally, I would vote for him.
Yeah, Clark did enter pretty late. I still would rather see him than Dean.

Snake13
5th Oct 2003, 09:35 PM
I can't vote in the primarys but I turn 18 just in time for the big one, I only hope Clark wins the nomination so i can vote for him in the fall

Doc_EDo
5th Oct 2003, 09:52 PM
Clark isnt even a real Democrat, but only just pretending to be.
Just get Bush out of office. Dean cant be worse that him.

TWD
5th Oct 2003, 10:46 PM
Yeah really that whole ESPN thing was totally overblown. It's just stupid little cheapshots at eachother again. The only thing more stupid than the battle between the left and right politicians is the battle between the left and right media.

bobtheking
6th Oct 2003, 01:49 AM
I personally think its extremely important to have someone with a (real, bush deserted) military background. then they would understand what war is all about, and not impose it needlessly on random countries with oil. not to mention someone WITHOUT connections to any major corporation.

DeDpoet|BuF
6th Oct 2003, 07:59 AM
Yeah really that whole ESPN thing was totally overblown. It's just stupid little cheapshots at eachother again. The only thing more stupid than the battle between the left and right politicians is the battle between the left and right media.

the stupid thing is that the jist of Rush's opinion was the speculation that there is racism on the part of the media (pertaining to favoritism & exposure due to a person's color and not his skill - since his career is not all that special for all the media attention he's getting). But people took it the wrong way and are branding him as racist/bigot.

/me smacks head

i'm tired of all this racism crap. let's all paint ourselves forest green and we'll be all set.

Kangus
6th Oct 2003, 09:56 AM
/me cheers Clark on....

I really gotta register as a Democrat so I can vote in the primaries....

Metakill
6th Oct 2003, 01:22 PM
I personally hate the fallacious distortions Rush Limbaugh spews, but even I have to admit that they're making a mountain out of a molehill. Although I don't think the media has any favoritism towards any minorities; it's just a matter of appealing to a fan base. Nevertheless, Rush should know he's going to be persecuted just like Jimmy the Greek was. Why should he be allowed freedom of speech under private media when nobody else is?

My biggest gripe with Clarke is that he's not really a Democrat, but if I had to pick a Republican, I'd choose him or McCain. Anybody's better than Bush. Hell, Bob Dole would be better than bush.

Snake13
6th Oct 2003, 01:48 PM
Clark isnt even a real Democrat, but only just pretending to be.
Just get Bush out of office. Dean cant be worse that him.

it was a large part this mentality about gore that got bush elected in the first place, not making the same mistake again

tool
6th Oct 2003, 02:34 PM
At this point I would vote for any democrat, as long as George Bush isn't president, I would be happy.

Sam_The_Man
6th Oct 2003, 02:40 PM
I personally think its extremely important to have someone with a (real, bush deserted) military background. then they would understand what war is all about, and not impose it needlessly on random countries with oil.

If he knows how horrible war is, why did he stick around in the army long enough to rise to General?

I know he was against the war, by the way.

hermpes
6th Oct 2003, 06:39 PM
Personally, I don't see the appeal of Clarke. He's been a Democrat for what, 2 weeks? I'm not sure which Democratic candidate I would like to get the nomination. If I had to choose, I'd say anyone but Lieberman. He's not a Democrat either.

Metakill
7th Oct 2003, 01:02 AM
When did the Democratic party become the New Republican party anyway? Was it back when the Republican party became the Closet Nazi party?

W0RF
7th Oct 2003, 10:03 AM
At this point I would vote for any democrat, as long as George Bush isn't president, I would be happy.
Be careful what you wish for, tool. Many more people voted against Clinton/Gore than voted for Dole/Bush II.

The Limbaugh controversy is ludicrous.

See also: This article (http://msnbc.com/news/975128.asp?0cl=cR)