7 Bullets (The Xidia Killer)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
I've started to play Xidia GOLD a few months back, but could not save past the first map (dunno why???). I eventually stopped playing when UT got corrupted because of some custom thing i installed later. By now (the 13th time i install UT :D ), i have little room in disk, so for now, no Oldschool or Xidia GOLD (i've played ONP though).

All this to say i'm very happy mappers didn't abandon UT (for SP purpose, at least), and i welcome anoter Xidia follow-up (quality, big SP enterprises ;) ). The screenshots follo some kind of movie-like presentation of the product, wich makes it even more tasty (and wanted ;) ).

Hope you succeed (and quick release :D )

Sarevok

Jun 4, 2002
Kuwait
the only real reason I keep UT installed is for alll the upcoming SP maps, the SP community seems to be more popular now than the last 2 years for some strange reason

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
Yhummy!

I guess that Shoty in 1rst screenie is one of those "secret" weapons you're keeping... ehrm... secret.

I don't post the news myself, Otherwise I woulda pimped it like nuts. If you wouldn't mind Mass, you could use all the pics on this thread and make a brief news article. I hadn't suggested it earlier since the mod is a UT1 thing and all and I thought we were trying to get more into the new engine scene. But sure, I'd love a news mention, the exposure would be good for the team:)

Xidia had alot of problems with the gameplay cohesion. It was a first sp so I didn't know jack about that. We had maps that were short and others that were long and brutal, but 7 Bullets is like a more organised, sensible sp plan. It is a tad longer than Xidia in map size, but all the maps (save for 1 or 2 intentionally short ones) are pretty balanced on all fronts.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Hmm, you're right though. I like Xidia's gameplay (although the slow weapon respawn in co-op is well... really not all that) but yes some maps are very brutal :O)
(I'm probably insane because I like that...)

Well anyway I'll keep an eye on this, I know you guys deliver quality.

Some felt Xidia was too hard. I personally thought it was normal difficulty (minus some bugs), I would play through the whole thing on Unreal difficulty and not die. But 7 Bullets is more balanced as far as difficulty goes. People who liked Xidia's style difficulty will feel right at home on the Hard or Unreal difficulties but lower settings are considerably easier.