PDA

View Full Version : 7 Bullets (The Xidia Killer)

Mister_Prophet
4th Oct 2003, 05:13 PM
Project is in development, check out this link to read story and such.

http://www.hellscrag.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=6711#6711

Will be released in a few months.

darth_weasel
4th Oct 2003, 05:44 PM
never got round to playing the other xidias, being on 56ghey until recently... on my to do list now :)

Mister_Prophet
3rd Nov 2003, 12:01 AM
More pix

Nahand
3rd Nov 2003, 09:09 AM
I've started to play Xidia GOLD a few months back, but could not save past the first map (dunno why???). I eventually stopped playing when UT got corrupted because of some custom thing i installed later. By now (the 13th time i install UT :D ), i have little room in disk, so for now, no Oldschool or Xidia GOLD (i've played ONP though).

All this to say i'm very happy mappers didn't abandon UT (for SP purpose, at least), and i welcome anoter Xidia follow-up (quality, big SP enterprises ;) ). The screenshots follo some kind of movie-like presentation of the product, wich makes it even more tasty (and wanted ;) ).

Hope you succeed (and quick release :D )

Mister_Prophet
3rd Nov 2003, 03:39 PM
Well the project is moving pretty steadily, the team is into it and that is a good sign, plus there are some professional talents involved, such as eVOLVE (our voice actor) and Darkbeat (his soundtrack rocks).

Sarevok
3rd Nov 2003, 04:04 PM
the only real reason I keep UT installed is for alll the upcoming SP maps, the SP community seems to be more popular now than the last 2 years for some strange reason

Stakhanov
8th Nov 2003, 03:52 AM
I'm pretty certain the nickname of this map pack will be 1337 Bullets.

Mister_Prophet
29th Mar 2004, 04:39 PM
NEWS! If you haven't checked the main page at www.unrealsp.org then you haven't seen the sexy new shots we released.

Nahand
30th Mar 2004, 08:09 AM
Yhummy!

I guess that Shoty in 1rst screenie is one of those "secret" weapons you're keeping... ehrm... secret.

Mister_Prophet
30th Mar 2004, 11:09 AM
Well anyone who has taken a look at the weapon loadout in UED will easily identify the weapon. Only, now it actually works:)

Sarevok
30th Mar 2004, 10:58 PM
teh quadshot :eek:

MassChAoS
30th Mar 2004, 11:53 PM
How about some news on NC? *hint* *hint*

Mister_Prophet
31st Mar 2004, 01:47 AM
I don't post the news myself, Otherwise I woulda pimped it like nuts. If you wouldn't mind Mass, you could use all the pics on this thread and make a brief news article. I hadn't suggested it earlier since the mod is a UT1 thing and all and I thought we were trying to get more into the new engine scene. But sure, I'd love a news mention, the exposure would be good for the team:)

MassChAoS
31st Mar 2004, 08:35 AM
Either you can post it since you have all the details, or you can get phalanx or Fordy to post it... I need to spend some time on school work..

NeoNite
31st Mar 2004, 10:02 AM
The xidia killer?

Xidia is really good though.

Mister_Prophet
31st Mar 2004, 03:00 PM
Xidia had alot of problems with the gameplay cohesion. It was a first sp so I didn't know jack about that. We had maps that were short and others that were long and brutal, but 7 Bullets is like a more organised, sensible sp plan. It is a tad longer than Xidia in map size, but all the maps (save for 1 or 2 intentionally short ones) are pretty balanced on all fronts.

NeoNite
31st Mar 2004, 04:12 PM
Hmm, you're right though. I like Xidia's gameplay (although the slow weapon respawn in co-op is well... really not all that) but yes some maps are very brutal :O)
(I'm probably insane because I like that...)

Well anyway I'll keep an eye on this, I know you guys deliver quality.

Mister_Prophet
1st Apr 2004, 05:36 PM
Some felt Xidia was too hard. I personally thought it was normal difficulty (minus some bugs), I would play through the whole thing on Unreal difficulty and not die. But 7 Bullets is more balanced as far as difficulty goes. People who liked Xidia's style difficulty will feel right at home on the Hard or Unreal difficulties but lower settings are considerably easier.

darth_weasel
1st Apr 2004, 05:59 PM
xidia lacked in the drunken kung fu monks depratment

lasfsahaha

Mister_Prophet
1st Apr 2004, 06:12 PM
that too;)

Mister_Prophet
18th Nov 2004, 01:41 PM
Hey if you haven't noticed the huge screenshots on the main page, there is some news. The Mod is 99% done. Check the main page or my sig for more info.

Stakhanov
26th Nov 2004, 11:53 AM
Trouble uploading it ? I can't wait dammit :p

[DF]phalanx
26th Nov 2004, 12:45 PM
looks nice guys
can't wait

Mister_Prophet
27th Nov 2004, 12:12 AM
expect release news in a few hours

Mister_Prophet
30th Nov 2004, 01:52 PM
7 Bullets released! http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=7986

AMmayhem
22nd Dec 2004, 11:04 PM
I have begun; and have already died 4 or 5 times...

*Gotta remember I can't double-dodge*

Mister_Prophet
23rd Dec 2004, 04:54 AM
heh. Keep at it:)

Zarkazm
29th Dec 2004, 07:12 PM
I guess I should finish Xidia some day. Or was that ONP? Tsk.

Ghost3021
26th Jan 2005, 10:35 AM
im glad to here that it made it into a magazine! yah, a few parts where quite hard, but it was as fun as ONP so i played it over and over. :)
XidiaGold DID have that anoying save bug; i always died and had to restart at the begining. :(
but i love 7bullets! :)

Mister_Prophet
26th Jan 2005, 05:43 PM
yeah the XG save bug in that one map was really a pain. Really wierd how that one crawled out our pant legs and bit us in the ass.

Ghost3021
26th Jan 2005, 05:55 PM
well, its not your fault. besides that, XG was a very good mod, but if u walk to Hour any time soon, plz ask him which came 1st: ONP or XG. why? cause the Skaarj-Outpost in ONP looks just like the alien space ship in XG. just curious... about the save thing, well, it looks like a prob with UEngine 1.5 , it coudnt be avoided. ;)

Mister_Prophet
26th Jan 2005, 06:04 PM
Those two maps he made were originally part of the first release of Xidia, before Xidia Gold was released with the extra campaign. Apparently...and my memory is foggy, David M saw the maps and said "OMFG" and asked Hourie if he wanted to add them to ONP. I always kinda thought they fit in Xidia better.

Ghost3021
26th Jan 2005, 06:22 PM
yah, the setting in ONP usualy isnt very, well, creepy, like XG was supposed to be. hmm...

Icedancer
27th Jan 2005, 07:09 AM
yeh congrats on getting into PC gamer guys :)

my only real prob with 7b was that after playing it, my weapon hand got switched from right to left :eek:

very good though, really enjoyed it! :D

Ice

NeoNite
29th Jan 2005, 07:14 PM
Yeah, congratulations on having your mod appear in Pcgamer. Quite an achievment they've picked it up :O)

Mister_Prophet
30th Jan 2005, 01:41 AM
Yeah It's pretty cool :-)

[DF]phalanx
30th Jan 2005, 09:41 AM
congratz
i got this a while ago but because of other things *WoW UTXMP* i havn't had chance to play it
i do enjoy a good single player tho so i may check this out sooner rather then later

Ghost3021
30th Jan 2005, 10:49 AM
check it out now! its so frikin fun! :D