PuF v OzUT suggestion from OzUTers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QuietMan

Dec 17, 1999
go.to
Hello all,
In the interest of making the PuF v OzUT at least a little competitive and fun can I suggest that you have two teams for the home and away matches.

Your home team should be made up of Modems/Hpb only. I have played on several US servers and while some of them I can manage a 350-400 ping on the server you used for your prelims I get a steady 600 ping. As average as your skills no doubt are(kidding), a LPB’s with 100 ping will probably smack me around with that sort of advantage.

A team of LPB’s for the away matches of course would be helpful.

Just a quick note about LPBs in Oz, there is only one company that has cable connections in Australia (well two but the second company has only just started and I haven’t seen any body using it yet). That company charges by the download at some nasty rate. So we will have ONE or TWO LPBs at most both home and away. There is quite a number of cable players however they are restricted mostly to a game service set up by that provider where they don’t pay download charges. The vast majority of players will be modemers.

If you go with the suggestion I made above we also won’t use LPBs on our home servers.

Our definitions may differ too, on average people with 'good' connections get pings between 200 - 250, over modems. Bear that in mind too, our home ground advantage won't be by miles.

I think a couple of people have already made this suggestion and I hope you share the sentiment. Of course you can ignore this if you wish…

Remember this is just supposed a bit of fun, though I do enjoy some of the posturing on the OzUT forum from some of the PuFers. /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

BTW if you would like to see what your up against Rob6264 has a link to some (ver 405) demos of Oz players in action you can look at…pester him for it /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif
I wouldn’t mind seeing a demo of any of you guys either…

Thanks for your time

------------------
QuietMan
Webtinkerer at
http://www.go.to/ozut

UTCTF - Christmas on a Stick!

phishedNET

<puts himself in god mode with a bunch of realistically named bots> Hehe, my demo is going to make me look like a god...

heh, not really

bullet2.gif

[PuF]Rezz
Quasimodo's Lair
overshadowed by assertion makes me certain - skinny puppy

HuFlungzeDung

Nov 24, 1999
Kanada
Visit site
Quiet, that's about the ping I had to the prelim server. I was surprised by how well it played. For sure, you wouldn't want it much higher! I wonder what some of your other Ozut'ers will be able to connect at?

QuietMan

Dec 17, 1999
go.to
Voyd,
Try these
203.57.24.16:7777
203.60.19.130:7777
203.22.127.28:7777
There are some others and these IP's may be old(sorry I'm at work I will post others later)

HuFlung,
I suspect most of them will get a similar ping to me. If it's no longer PWorded I'll get them to check. Yes I was surprised how smooth that server was, it felt like a LAN server with some fake lag added and the lag did not fluctuate which helps alot.

bullet2.gif

QuietMan
Webtinkerer at
http://www.go.to/ozut

UTCTF - Christmas on a Stick!

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Quiet, we were thinking just the same thing - doing a home team for the match at NCME and an away team for the match in Oz. The thing is, we've gotta get our teams together first (hint hint everyone /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif )

bullet2.gif

Diamond of the mind.

QuietMan

Dec 17, 1999
go.to
Great !
I tentatively suggested Feb 5 for the match, you guys will want to get moving if we keep that date...happy to move it.
Are you guys getting any support from PU?

BTW my ICQ is 33465732 I'm on early in your mornings or about 1pm your time (roughly US westcoast time)

bullet2.gif

rob6264

Jan 1, 2000
fade.to
Okay guys, You got your deadline, you got your orders. Now pull it of your *** and send me the two rosters!! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

bullet2.gif

"Well I don't really give a damn what we're goin in for...long as I get to kill me something!"

-Opposing Force

http://www.fade.to/ww

Zaccix

Truth, by Banksy
Nov 10, 1999
London, UK
Well you heard what the man said. We need to get the teams together.

Shall we do this in IRC or on here?

bullet2.gif

Diamond of the mind.