Poblem with JB-Doom and arena mutators

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DF-TccK

Jan 21, 2003
www.obels.nu
As (hopefully) most of U know, the Dutch Fighters server is a sniper arena JB server.
We installed the "Team K9 Power Pack" map pack about 14 days ago....

We played JB-Doom a few times (I like the small maps), because of the size, ppl are not in jail log most of the time...

Yesterday I was in jail for a short while and had to go arena.....

being there with my favorite victim, I was eager to shoot his head of....

but.... eh, what that.... NO GUN!

So we were jumping around with no weapons!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
Well it's not a bug. ;) The map uses a script that makes weapons disappear in arena except for the chainsaw.
Playing with a weapon mutator isn't a good idea. :rolleyes:

DF-TccK

Jan 21, 2003
www.obels.nu
Does it remove all weapons, or remove the players weapons? In other words would it be possible to place a chainsaw in the arena (for picking up)?

Rob

Hole in one!
Nov 19, 2002
France
Visit site
I've had a look with the editor. Yes, you can place whichever weapon you want in the arena and can pick it up after fight begins.

CoolDude

Feb 22, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Rob said:
The map uses a script that makes weapons disappear in arena except for the chainsaw.
I believe it's a DEFAULT weapon arena zone.
So, it leaves you with the default weapon, which in case of JB-Doom it's a chainsaw.
However, if you use a weapon mutator which sets the default weapon to Sniper, wouldn't that leave me with only Sniperrifles in the arena?

Last edited:

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
In fact its a mix of two actors, the DefaultWeaponArena and the MapDefaultWeapon ... if the DefaultWeaponArena in JB-Niven-III works (TccK?) it's more likely a 'prob' with the MapDefaultWeapon ... but who plays SR-JB anyways ? ;)

Birelli

meh...
Oct 14, 2001
Syracuse, NY
There seems to be a fundamental conflict between a mutator that changes the default weapon to the Chainsaw and a weapons mutator that makes the Sniper Rifle the only weapon in the game. Since Arena mutators ship with the game, it seems like whoever made the MapDefaultWeapon mutator is the one that needs to address the conflict.