Halo.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
Without taking away anything from the Xbox Halo, Halo for PC was just a bad idea. 2 year old game. Originally for a console. That pretty much says it all.

The entire point of a port to another system is to get it done really fast.

I also hear it runs like ass on medium comps, which is surprising considering its dated graphics.

Mr. Apocalypse

My brain must be broken
Oct 16, 2001
Everywhere but here or there
I say we wait and see how the game atcual is before we "OMG teh patchz are oot for a b4d gaym!"there are plent of games that chatch small bugs when the first release them and hold off on the patch for awhile to save face, atleast they admitted they were wrong

DallasStarsRule

making personal insults since 1999
Nov 7, 2001
Toronto
www.teammuf.com
I played it. Its mediocre, I can see what the fuss would have been like in 2001, but now its meh. The vehicles, the engine, the AI; all the original strengths have been done and done better by now.

What I dont like is that it tries to sell squad based combat, but the single player is basically you killing a bajillion enemies one after the other. Its so arcady...I dont like first person shooters that only have the arcade shooting.

Multiplayer...like I said, I heard it runs very badly on people's computers who have no trouble running ut2k3 or bf1942 ect ect. So I dont think it'll be a huge hit.

DamienW

I'm no stranger to sarcasm, sir
Feb 4, 2001
Bayonne, France
The real weakness, imo, is that the first couple levels are really, really poor. They're basically a copy/paste of a set of hallways, over and over ....
When you get to the surface of the planet, things get a bit betterh thoug

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Dallas, the game was made for PC at first. If it wasn't for the XBox, it would have been released even before ;)

Anyway, i've tried it and it's really slow. really really really slow :(

but it's good nonetheless :)

Spier

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
The game was originally ment for the Mac, IIRC.

It runs reasonably well on my P4 2.4, GFTi4200 and 512 RAM...in 800x600 with low details and "-use11".

Freon, can you explain with just a few words why it is good?

Last edited:

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
Spier said:
It runs reasonably well on my P4 2.4, GFTi4200 and 512 RAM...in 800x600 with low details and "-use11".
dude, that's pretty bad. I can run UT2k3 with details maxed out in a better resolution. Halo is quite low poly. I also have a GFTi4200 and 512 RAM, I play in 800 with all details on, and I really expect it to be smoother than that :shake:

Spier said:
Freon, can you explain with just a few words why it is good?
the AI is pretty good, there's nothing more satisfactory than feeling fear in your enemies voices and gestures (eg: disabling the shield of an enemy and putting a bullet in the back of his head as he runs away) :D The warthog is a blast, and the modern battelfield immersion quite refreshing.

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
Gamespot reported that coop is gone. I have played through the xbox version in coop and had a blast. I won't waste my time with the pc version. I guess if you have an ass kicking pc, and have never played halo, maybe it would be worth it.

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
i just don't see why every publisher seems to think removing the coop mode is a good idea. from a mappers point of view it is as easy as it could be to make a map coop-friendly. i threw in a few more playerstarts, thats it. not even a minute of work. ingame the code doesn't have to be changed all that much either, maybe adding an instant spawn protection and a new scoreboard. i just find it kinda sad i have to play quake2, unreal and rune just to have some decent coop multiplayer. what i understand even less is why anybody would remove an working coop mode. i just don't get it :/

fist_mlrs

that other guy
Jan 4, 2001
Zittau, Germany
www.fistmlrs.com
well, from what i've seen so far i don't think they'll be able to sell an addon. this game is way behind time by now, the graphics were amazing two or three years back, but what i've seen in screenshots and video feeds is pretty outdated by now. in addition to this the cooperative mode, the gameplay mode they used to advertise this game with a few years ago. lokks like an other game wasted by microsoft.

r.i.p. freelancer
r.i.p. halo

let's see who's next