PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! Map vote Quest!!!!

{AW}ResidentEvil
29th Sep 2003, 03:33 PM
Hi, I run a Instagib server and need some help. What I'm trying to do is set up map vote to first vote on the game type: DeathMatch or team Deathmatch, Than vote on Reg.instagib or zoom instagib. Than vote on the maps. !!! I have tried 50 times. I can get the instagib and zoom instagib to be votable without different game types. But The{AW} Clan plays alot of teamDeathmatch play and would be nice to vote on the different game types

{AW}ResidentEvil

BDB
29th Sep 2003, 09:29 PM
Hi, I run a Instagib server and need some help. What I'm trying to do is set up map vote to first vote on the game type: DeathMatch or team Deathmatch, Than vote on Reg.instagib or zoom instagib. Than vote on the maps. !!! I have tried 50 times. I can get the instagib and zoom instagib to be votable without different game types. But The{AW} Clan plays alot of teamDeathmatch play and would be nice to vote on the different game types

{AW}ResidentEvil

Try this:

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM-Insta",GameName="InstaGib DeathMatch",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="TDM-Insta",GameName="InstaGib Team DeathMatch",Mutators="XGame.MutInstaGib",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM-Zoom",GameName="ZoomInstaGib DeathMatch",Mutators="XGame.MutZoomInstaGib",Options="")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="TDM-Zoom",GameName="ZoomInstaGib Team DeathMatch",Mutators="XGame.MutZoomInstaGib",Options="")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
bUseMapList=False
MapNamePrefixes="DM"

{AW}ResidentEvil
29th Sep 2003, 11:19 PM
Well looks good, I'll Give it a shot!!! Thanks Alot

{AW}ResidentEvil

Server Ip

DraZtiK
30th Sep 2003, 07:53 AM
I have the same question and have played with it for some time but none of thses work (their still NW)

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run IG",Mutators="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon,XGame.MutInstaGib",Options="Translocator=True?GameSpeed=1.35")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run IG LG",Mutators="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon,XGame.MutInstaGib,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Options="Translocator=True")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run IG LG No TL",Mutators="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon,XGame.MutInstaGib,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Options="Translocator=False")

And will mutators ever be a votable option?

{AW}ResidentEvil
30th Sep 2003, 10:26 AM
I have seen Mutators votable on Shok server about 8 months ago. It was cool because it first showed the game type, After you voted the game type it popped up Mutators "NON-ZOOM OR ZOOM Instagib" and finally the maps!!! This is the way I was hoping to get it working. I also use a modified custom Arena instagib rifle with its own class and a NON Arena Instagib rifle that I use Worm. The main purpose is that when Non ZOOM Instagib is selected It's a arena weapon and No other weapons show up!! And when zoom Instagib is selected it loads it as a non arena. This way I can use worm to load nukes, Sa110, Rocket Ect!!!

I'm not finished, But this is what I'm trying to do!!! I Also have to add SA110, FzS Rocket and Nukes with worm on Zoom instagib??

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch---InstaGib ONLY---",Mutators="AW_InstagibArena.MutAWInstaGib_SB,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TLMutatorV26.TLMutator",Options="Translocator=True")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xDeathMatch",Prefix="DM",Acronym="DM",GameName="DeathMatch--- ZoomGib W/Weapons---",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TLMutatorV26.TLMutator,WoRM2k3.MutWoRM",Options="Translocator=True")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="TDM",GameName="TeamDeathMatch---InstaGib ONLY---",Mutators="AW_InstagibArena.MutAWInstaGib_SB,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TLMutatorV26.TLMutator",Options="Translocator=True")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xTeamGame",Prefix="DM",Acronym="TDM",GameName="TeamDeathMatch--- ZoomGib W/Weapons---",Mutators="UnrealGame.MutLowGrav,TLMutatorV26.TLMutator,WoRM2k3.MutWoRM",Options="Translocator=True")

[MapVote400b11.DefaultMapListLoader]
bUseMapList=False
MapNamePrefixes=DM

BDB
30th Sep 2003, 12:07 PM
I have the same question and have played with it for some time but none of thses work (their still NW)

GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run IG",Mutators="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon,XGame.MutInstagib",Options="Translocator=True?GameSpeed=1.35")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run IG LG",Mutators="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon,XGame.MutInstagib,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Options="Translocator=True")
GameConfig=(GameClass="XGame.xBombingRun",Prefix="BR",Acronym="BR",GameName="Bombing Run IG LG No TL",Mutators="XWeapons.MutNoSuperWeapon,XGame.MutInstagib,UnrealGame.MutLowGrav",Options="Translocator=False")

And will mutators ever be a votable option?

What exactly isn't working with this configuration ?

Votable mutators will probably be in some future vesion. Dont know when.

BDB
30th Sep 2003, 12:13 PM
I have seen Mutators votable on Shok server about 8 months ago. It was cool because it first showed the game type, After you voted the game type it popped up Mutators "NON-ZOOM OR ZOOM Instagib" and finally the maps!!! This is the way I was hoping to get it working.

Sorry, You can't do it exaclty that way with MapVote.

DraZtiK
30th Sep 2003, 12:14 PM
What exactly isn't working with this configuration ?

Votable mutators will probably be in some future vesion. Dont know when.

Well the super weapons are removed but are still normal weapons.(not InstaGib)

BDB
30th Sep 2003, 12:28 PM
Well the super weapons are removed but are still normal weapons.(not InstaGib)
hmmm, have you tried no super weapons and InstaGib at the same time in
single player ? Maybe they are not compatiable.
My guess is that InstaGib is considered a super weapon and there for is removed from the level?

If these to mutators are compatiable then try looking at the servers log file
to see if it loads both mutators. Post the log file if nessessary.

DraZtiK
8th Oct 2003, 08:17 AM
Thanks BDB! it worked after I removed the no super weapons from the gameconfig commandline.

now I was wondering...lets say I wanted to add a mutator to all gameconfigs...talking icon for example. Can i just set it in the main commandline when i start my server and have it available in all gameconfigs or must I put it in the gameconfigs to have it available?

Here is a quote from the readme "WARNING: If you set mutators for any GameConfig you MUST include the base mutators in ALL of the GameConfigs. This does NOT includes MapVote, it will be added automatically."

Now I did this but it was also in my server startup commandline and it didn't work....when I get home tonight I will try removing it from the server startup commandline and see what happens. just trying to figure out how mutators work.

And a suggestion for any next versions...when I connect to a server with mapvote...my buddies say hi, whats up and so on but with mapvote on the server that little mapvote text is covering the chat window and I can"t read what their saying so can it be moved somewhere else?

Anyway thanks for your time.

BDB
8th Oct 2003, 11:19 AM
Can i just set it in the main commandline when i start my server and have it available in all gameconfigs or must I put it in the gameconfigs to have it available?

No, it must be in both the server startup and each gameconfig to work properly.

And a suggestion for any next versions...when I connect to a server with mapvote...my buddies say hi, whats up and so on but with mapvote on the server that little mapvote text is covering the chat window and I can"t read what their saying so can it be moved somewhere else?

I'm assuming you are talking about the MapVote logo on the HUD.
You can disable this. Just open the MapVote window, Click the "Config" tab
and uncheck the checkbox "show logo".

Balls2
11th Oct 2003, 11:10 PM
So where do the GameConfig= settings go? looks like an .ini file but I dont find it in any, or does it require Mapvote v400 to play with these settings?? I have v302

BDB
13th Oct 2003, 11:43 AM
So where do the GameConfig= settings go? looks like an .ini file but I dont find it in any, or does it require Mapvote v400 to play with these settings?? I have v302

yes, you have to have MapVote 4.00b11 (which only works on UT2003).

Balls2
13th Oct 2003, 04:36 PM
Ahhh, well here is my dilemma: I am running a CTF ut server. I am using both CTF and CTFM for 2 and 4 team CTF respectively. I have got it to sucessfully switch between CTF mode and CTFM mode by adjust the "other game type" thing. The problem is, I believe it is recognizing "CTFM" maps as having a "CTF" prefix AND a "CTFM" prefix (for "other" game type) So, all the CTFM maps show up twice on the list. If if could specify "CTF-" as the prefix for regular CTF games it seems I would have it fixed. Any ideas?

-Balls

BDB
14th Oct 2003, 11:30 AM
You'll have to use the MapLists, which limits you to 32 maps per game type.
Set bUseMapLit=True
and populate the CTFGame and MultiCTF maplists in your ini file with the maps that you want for each.

Balls2
14th Oct 2003, 10:46 PM
Hmmm, not really the answer I wanted to hear because I'm using a LOT of maps. So in that case it would use the maplist for that gametype instead of their prefixes, that would make sense. Well thanks for the help!

-Balls