PDA

View Full Version : DM - Pressure2004 BETA screens.....

[Devils_Dancer]
28th Sep 2003, 07:13 AM
Hiya guys long time no speak/see.

As my SpaceNoxx2k3 had a good review from yourselves and UP (71) I decided to do my fave UT map....totally new, no port. Same-ish layout.
Its about 80% done, so I am open to suggestions/ideas.....GUI any good ideas seeing as all the maps you make are so good.....why dont you work for EPIC btw... :lol: ;)

Gui
28th Sep 2003, 07:56 AM
'Any good ideas' are you kidding? These screens look simply great, man! Post a download link when the map's in beta stage and I'll give you my impressions ASAP :cool:

For now, I think you can use one supplementar light color somewhere, to bring more variety in lighting, but I'll need to check out the whole map to be sure of that... :)

[Devils_Dancer]
28th Sep 2003, 08:37 AM
Thx m8...I can always count on you for positive feedback:D

I have red light in the actual pressure chamber at the moment, as the majority of the light is bluish-green, with yellow and white supplementing. So I guess I have at least four lights in there at the mo'.
My only worry at the mo' is sussing out the chamber itself. Also, I am using a custom texture pack (13mb) which gr8ly increases the file size plus a fair few compressed lightmaps too. Do you think when its finished I should link to the page for the textures m8 or just cram it in to one file??
On that point GUI, if ur interested, I could mail ya what I've done so far?

Let me know and I'll whiz it over for ya....

Gui
28th Sep 2003, 08:48 AM
You're welcome ^^

As for the textures, be sure to put all of them in the .zip: people don't like to have to run all the net' to find the stuff necessary to play maps... ;)

Otherwise, sure, feel free to send me a .zip when you want :)

[Devils_Dancer]
28th Sep 2003, 10:20 AM
OK m8, will do...hang on let me just see how big it is compressed.......brb...right its 13.2 meg.....u sure you still want it m8??

Gui
28th Sep 2003, 12:06 PM
13 mgs is not a problem for me but my ISP will not alow the transfert I think

Do you have a FTP account or can you access one?

[Devils_Dancer]
28th Sep 2003, 01:40 PM
Nah m8 I dont....bugger...

Gui
28th Sep 2003, 02:48 PM
Well, in this case just send me a download link when you'll upload a beta version at UP or wherever you want :)

[Devils_Dancer]
28th Sep 2003, 04:06 PM
K m8 will do...:)

[Devils_Dancer]
28th Sep 2003, 04:08 PM
']K m8 will do...:)

A couple more screenies

sandorski
8th Apr 2004, 06:40 AM
Looks very nice. Someone recently uploaded their own 2k4 version of Pressure to NaliCity and it doesn't look near as nice as this one.