What the hell?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

melagne

blah
Dec 6, 2002
If he were in my country he wouldn't have to explain why he needs that either.
(because it would be rather obvious that he didn't need it at all) :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Just becouse he dosn't need it dosn't mean he shouldn't have it. I mean, I also don't need a remote controll, I can just stand up and switch chanels on my TV manualy. I also don't need a doomsday machine. That dosn't mean I shouldn't have one. /me pets the red button and the heartbeat sensor.

Big_Duke_06

Charlie Don't Surf!
May 25, 2003
Arizona, USA
Visit site
I agree with the idea of what the guy is saying, but not the manner in which he is delivering the message.

Sure, US laws now limit civilian owned weapons to .50 cal or smaller. Do civilians really need a .50 cal sniper rifle? For what purpose???

That's not really the point. The point is, this is a foot in the door. Get everyone to agree that no one really needs a .50 cal weapon and that they can be banned. That's a small step. The next small step might be to ban shotguns or large caliber pistols. Don't really need those, right? It's a slippery slope, my friends. And before you know it, BB guns will be illegal.

(Wether or not that's a good thing is debatable)

Oh, and he mentions a Barrett sniper rifle in his letter and then has a picture of a truck with mounted dual .50s? What sense does that make? And frankly, seeing a hill billy with mounted dual .50s in the back of his pickup scares even me!

Matthew

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
Well, he uses them for sport. Like he said, he hunts with his 50 cal ( o_O ) and I don't see anything wrong with that. Guns are fun to shoot. He likes to shoot them. He can afford to shoot the really fun stuff. It's as simple as that, so leave him be. I don't know why people want to take guns away from citizens, as if it will stop crime. Do you think a criminal would care that you can't own X gun? No, he wouldn't care, and get it anyways, and then walk down the street to joe blow who isn't allowed to touch a gun and rob him blind. If you show me ONE single ****ing robbery/murder taken place in the USA where a guy with dual 50 caliber machine guns in the back of his chevy robs a bank/kills a bunch of people, maybe I'll agree with you. Until then, don't believe that every single person who owns a rifle is a child-raping-murderer-hill-billy just because your government tells you so.

Ice

Apr 11, 2002
Visit site
Are you next going to tell me I don't NEED a V-8 engine ... don't NEED such a heavy, powerful motorcycle ... don't NEED a house with five bedrooms ... don't NEED a wife with such large breasts ... don't NEED a dog with such sharp teeth and so on.

Sorry, when I saw that, I just laughed my ass off.

Saladin

Fez Toting Warrior!
Jul 25, 2002
Atlanta, GA, USA
home.attbi.com
hehe he'll probably explain he needs that to defend his familly... against japs bombers maybe

no no no. its against the king of england. an american with twin 50 cals in the back of a pickup has to be part of the NRA. its to make sure the king of england doesnt try barging in his home.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Nonono, a gun mounted in the back of a pickup like that is used to fight terminators and defeat Skynet! Don't you people get it!? Skynet will take over! We must escape now! To your shelters b efore itsa;sl .sdf ..as /./.as ///////////////.......

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
It's "SkyNET", Keganator. Everybody knows that to be true, and you're dumb for not knowing that :rolleyes:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
You mean the TV series I always waited for (the fight of the rebels against the machines) will finaly happen in real life so that I don't need a TV to enjo... er... experience it? There only one thing I can say: ! I mean like realy ! as in !