PDA

View Full Version : Do you take short cuts?? Do you cross the line??

Rukee
25th Sep 2003, 09:55 AM
Say your driving down a off the main road highway, you know the ones, they seem to go to every little hick town around and tend to go around the edge of everyones farm fields. They have a 90* corner seems like every 1\2 mile or less.
Well, when you can see pleanty far down the road to see no cars are coming for that next hard left corner, do you cross the center line to get a good apex on the corner? or do you slow down and hold your lane??

AMmayhem
25th Sep 2003, 10:01 AM
I'll get a good apex. I'm a rebel... :D

darth_weasel
25th Sep 2003, 10:17 AM
Clip The Apex... Accept Instruction...

*ahem*

but yeah if it would prevent me slowing and i can see cleary id take the fastest line

militaryspetproject
25th Sep 2003, 05:14 PM
dont drive....

Whats this thread about again?

Twrecks
25th Sep 2003, 10:09 PM
I miss my motorcyclr, though I know the commuters around here don't. MB next month the bitch will be back on her wheels after a year of lacking time and parts... (after I'm done with my map, dammit)

Rukee
30th Sep 2003, 09:31 AM
what was the problem with it, have you found out yet??

/me is guessing timing chain is off by a tooth or two

Cat Fuzz
30th Sep 2003, 06:48 PM
I thought he wrecked it? Get it? T wrecked it? LOL!!!!11111oneoneone

Bot_40
30th Sep 2003, 07:10 PM
I don't cut the corners unless I am 100% sure there is nothing comming the other way, then only usually a little (since there aren't many sharp corners which you can see round here, all sharp corners tend to be completly blind)
Sometimes at night I like to take a racing line round corners, since you can see in advance if there is anything comming if there are any headlights in the distance.

Lruce Bee
30th Sep 2003, 08:02 PM
Well a case in point is driving over a level crossing on a railway line - how many people (including myself) check left and right to see if there is a train coming?

There is no such thing as a sure thing

Lruce

AMmayhem
30th Sep 2003, 08:09 PM
I thought he wrecked it? Get it? T wrecked it? LOL!!!!11111oneoneone

Fuzz is on a roll! ;)

Lruce Bee
30th Sep 2003, 08:13 PM
No he isn't?

AMmayhem
30th Sep 2003, 08:15 PM
Notice the ;) at the end of the post...

Rukee
30th Sep 2003, 08:18 PM
Fuzz is on a roll! ;)
I hate moldy bread! ;):p

Lruce Bee
30th Sep 2003, 08:26 PM
NOW THAT...is a good reply....except it's MOULDY bread....

Lruce

AMmayhem
30th Sep 2003, 08:28 PM
I hate moldy bread! ;):p

ROFL!!! Rukee just owned all.

Just this once though... :p

Twrecks
30th Sep 2003, 08:31 PM
what was the problem with it, have you found out yet??

/me is guessing timing chain is off by a tooth or two

Fuel injectors went south causing eratic ignition, ergo timing chain slippage (2 teeth, valves AOK). During a wiring check my help fried my black box, Aaarrg!.
2 weeks ago I scored a used CPU on eBay for 70 bucks (list $900) and finally got new injectors from the factory just a day or so before (4 bills for the pair). Now they sit on my puter waiting for me to finish the remodel job on my homestead (and map). Perhaps alittle more info there, but what the heck.

A new timing chain tensioner was put in early on, leading to finding the injection prob...

Cat Fuzz
30th Sep 2003, 10:52 PM
Fuzz is on a roll! ;)

Stop fantasizing about me. ick ;)

Rukee
30th Sep 2003, 11:45 PM
Fuel injectors went south causing eratic ignition, ergo timing chain slippage (2 teeth, valves AOK). During a wiring check my help fried my black box, Aaarrg!.
2 weeks ago I scored a used CPU on eBay for 70 bucks (list $900) and finally got new injectors from the factory just a day or so before (4 bills for the pair). Now they sit on my puter waiting for me to finish the remodel job on my homestead (and map). Perhaps alittle more info there, but what the heck.

A new timing chain tensioner was put in early on, leading to finding the injection prob...
what??
You got all the parts there to fix it and you`re working on a map??:con:
T~~T~~~T~!!!

Twrecks
1st Oct 2003, 01:37 PM
Bike's 20 miles from me in a friend's garage. I know, my priorities are wacked and RealLife is conspiring against me. I want to finish my map for phase2 of the MSUC (Oct15th), and I hafta finish remodelling before my wife's folks show on the 22nd, so the bike waits.