Suggestion: ut2003-2004 forum faq.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
At one time I tried to make a thread for general information about what fragbu is to help out newcommers to the forum. However it never really caught on. Part of that was because I have lot so spelling errors and all that shizzle. Still I think it's an important thing that we need. We could also provide info on some important helpfull threads like the map strategies and secrets thread. I really think we should have UT2003 forum FAQ. So I suggest we use this thread to write the outline for a UT2003 forum faq. Decide what we want in it and such. When we're done an admin can write up the faq and sticky it.

missPoopShoot

voodoo rage
Jul 13, 2003
Cambridge, UK
Visit site
I once posted http links to almost all of the FragBU maps so people could d/l them at their leisure and practice. This was in a thread made by SugarBear. Perhaps a sticky with this list would be useful or the list could be part of this faq?

atropos

The One and Only
Aug 24, 2003
Belgium
I'm kinda new here, so i don't know if it's the same server everytime, but you could place the IP of the FragBU server in there.
BTW: i know there's a post every friday/saturday night with the server stats.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
A lot of the time you say fragbu to a newcommer and they're like wtf. I'm sure the weekly post means nothing to them. That's why we should have a faq.

We should also have links to the most helpfull threads. The map specific tips thread should be linked to and if the two threads I made work out they should be linked to also. We also need to have a link to the system tweaks thread (if it still exists).

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
well, if I must contribute something, forget just telling people the IP address, pull the line out of your INI and give us the entire line for putting it in the favorites, mine is sans information because I just put the name and IP in the line

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
If you can come up with something really solid, I can stick it or create a little sub-forum for it like we had in the UT forum.

I'm not sure I'd take the trouble of writing up links to all of the maps on the FragBU server if I were you. It's likely to change from time to time and it'd be much better to link to something dynamic or just list them without hyperlinks.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
they aren't hard to find through searching google for the filename.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Yeah I think people can find the maps pretty easily plus most will be ok just downloading them from web's redirect.

so I think as far as a format so far we would have

Forum Rules
Major Threads
FragBU info

anything else you think we need?

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Screw that, i'm not going to sit here and mope like it's the end of us. We're not done yet, we've hardly gotten started! This ain't over untill we give up, and I'm definatly not going to quit. We're going to get through this, and when we do there's things we're going to need, and this is one of them.