Setting up a server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jezebel

Dec 29, 1999
Oslo
Visit site
I'm setting up a server at school. The problem is that it won't advertise, only on LAN games. I figure the problem is the IP-address. It is using the IP address 192.168.1.112 and UT-port:7777.The other machines here at school have the same except the last three numbers 112,113,114 and so on. I figure maybe something has to be done with gateway or something. All machines here use 192.168.1.1. Do anybody know the solution to my case or where I can get good help?
Thanks
[~]Jezebel

Rooster

Local Legend
Jan 4, 2000
Fort Mill, SC
www.legionoflions.com
Your 192 address means it's on a LAN subnet. There isnt a IP on the web that will hit your 192 address. 192's, among some others (which because of a recent brain-fart are not coming to mind) are reserved for LANs.

So... within your schools network, everyone should be able to connect. Now if the server has a connection to the web, through a proxy/firewall, you'd need to have both of them configured to allow that machine (local IP) and those ports open to the outside. Finding out your IP (outside) is a little harder though.

bullet2.gif

Yeah, they come to snuff the Rooster...
nguid:167703