Infiltration News: The Home Stretch

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Posted by: Warren on Sunday, September 21, 2003 source
Not to offer any excuses for the recent lack of news, but it's been a busy summer personally for many of us on the team, and we've had to deal with some technical and logistical difficulties that have held things up for a bit as well. But things truly are coming together now, and we are in fact in the final stages of getting this much-anticipated (and admittedly delayed) version 2.9 released to you all.

Part of what this means is all of you who ordered a 2.9 CD will soon be getting an email to confirm your mailing address. It will provide a link to an online address checker that will show you the mailing address we have on file for your order. If you’ve since moved to another address you’ll have an opportunity to update the information then. Again, this email will be going out shortly, so if you need to update your address information, the best thing to do at this point is wait for the link that will be provided.

Mac users will also be asked to let us know they need a Mac version of the CD. Due to the exceptionally large amount of content that has been produced for 2.9, we will be unable to include PC and Mac installers on one CD, so the plan is to give Mac users a second, burned CD they can use, in addition to the pressed PC version going out with all orders. There will be more information in another email to be sent out shortly, so as with the address checker, the best thing to do at this point is wait for that to let us know your status.

At this point we’d also like to outline the options and features the 2.9 installer will include:

- Full install including the core files, map pack, and bonus material.

- Core install including the core files and bonus material.

- Map pack install including all official INF maps to date we want to include.

- The TbuildT Desert Storm map pack installer will be detected by the full and core installers (if in the same folder) and the option will be given to launch it. It can also be launched on its own, independently of the 2.9 installer, though prior installation of 2.9 is necessary for the Desert Storm maps to run.

- The full and core installers will check for the UT436Patch.exe on startup, and will launch it if present in the same folder to make sure that UT itself is patched to the necessary version 436.

- The 2.9 CD includes the UT436NoDelta patch version which allows patching to UT 436 during the INF 2.9 installation, without the UT CD being present.

More news will be announced shortly, but for now suffice it to say we're at the stage where the gift wrapping is being measured and cut. So stay tuned, the end is really near!

All I can say is, Yahoo!

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
I don't mean to piss in your cornflakes but after all the "home stretch" promises of the last 6 months i'm not getting my hopes up for anything until I see a gone gold post

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
So "soon" became "really soon" and now it's "really really soon, for sure, definitely for real this time ..."

Anyways ... at least it wasn't called "Infiltration Forever" ;)

pimpdaddy

Sep 17, 2003
im more than happy, im eager as hell to begin dropping those lovely claymores in dark corners......crouching in darkend rooms with a silenced socom.....

thanks guys for finishing up....looking forward to seeing (and shooting) you on the open servers now that you'll have mroe time.....

Pimpdaddy :copy-over!

Last edited:

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
refer to Los Pescados post

I saw a screenshot !!!
I saw a screenshot !!!

And no , i am not desesperate

*Heart Attack*
:D

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
I tawt I taw a screenshot ...
I did I did taw a screenshot ... :D ;)

[SOB]bAd ChIcKeN

Free-Range Pain the Ass
Feb 6, 2001
www.sobservers.com
Even being a tester and having access to the builds I am still in AWE at the amount of BLOOOD, SWEAT and BULLETS that the team has put into theis "The Best of Mods". I KNOW you all will be too...

/me awaits his INF shirt to wear proudly in West Covina

b-boy_fuj

Jun 19, 2001
Visit site
Does anybody know what is the size of everything i will need to download considering i only have UT cd? I had a hdd crash and lost all the inf files and ut patches :/ And since then i couldnt get arsed to download 2.86 because i was thinking 2.9 will be out day after i get old version....

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
All that information can be found right here in the release discussion thread's first post :)

I'd estimate you're looking at around 550 megs of downloading, roughly. Man...I sure hope someone sets up a bit torrent ;)

AlmostAlive

Jun 12, 2001
Norway
Visit site
b-boy_fuj said:
Does anybody know what is the size of everything i will need to download considering i only have UT cd? I had a hdd crash and lost all the inf files and ut patches :/ And since then i couldnt get arsed to download 2.86 because i was thinking 2.9 will be out day after i get old version....

If you (or anyone else for that matter) are thinking about using some files from 2.86 to patch up a more-or-less-complete 2.9 install, know that it's not recommended :) There are files, not only within the core, that has been changed. A fresh install of both UT and 2.9 would be the way to go.