Unreal Arena Interview

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

QAPete

Chief Muckety Muck
Aug 17, 1999
Pottstown, PA, USA
www.beyondunreal.com
HomeLan chatted with Thearrel McKinney of Unreal Arena, an interesting mod that combines the Q3 and UT universes.

HomeLAN - What character classes are in Unreal Arena?

Thearrel McKinney - There is an Unreal class and the original Quake 3 character class players can switch to at any point in the game.

HomeLAN - What other gameplay features have you put into the mod that you think are cool?

Thearrel McKinney - The main point of the mod was to put Unreal Tournament characters with their weapons, abilities, and powerups against Quake 3 characters with all their weapons, abilities and powerups as well into the same UT and Q3 arena's. Pretty much creating a proving grounds for the hardcore and not so hardcore fans of both game's so they can take it up in the game head to head, instead of the useless complaining that was going on in the forums about which was better. There really is no better, there is only opinion. Some other plans included the killing spree system and announcer UT had, new music from cool bands which will be included in the asset dump. Pretty much everything that was in the UT demo was slated to be in the mod.

It's a shame the mod is unfinished, but Thearrel promises that, if someone wants to pick up the baton and run with it, he'll be quite happy to help the team get things rolling. Read the rest of HomeLan's interview for more information.

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
I did recieve emails from both Epic and id Software regarding what I was doing. I spoke to them both about it, and it was signed off by Epic to be ok to produce as long as no commercial content was used. So with that out of the way, id Software was informed about it being ok as long as I wasn't infringing on any copyright materials from Epic, and then they were ok with it as well

why does it contain all the UT sounds then ? :B