PDA

View Full Version : A Hyperthreaded P4, WinXP, and mobo for less than 200 bucks!?

Kibbles-N-Bits
19th Sep 2003, 02:54 AM
I just got an email this morning about the newest purchase program coming from intel next month.

You have to work for someone that sells intel.

The bundle:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 Processor 3.0 GHz with Hyper-Threading Technology and an 800 MHz FSB
Intel D865GBF Motherboard
Microsoft* Windows* XP Professional
The price:
One. Nine. Nine. That's right - only $199!

www.intel.com/retailedge

You have to complete all the challenges, which are very easy. anyone whos looking to upgrade their box, and works retail, might as well wait a few weeks. LifesBane, your job is to buy me this. NOW. :eek:

Puppeteer (Ghepetto)
19th Sep 2003, 04:23 AM
Damn, I need to get a job at Best Buy or something. That's a great deal.

Nightmare
19th Sep 2003, 08:13 AM
Anyone who tries to live on the salary they pay for handling the register in a shop will NEED a good deal! Finding a job that pays less is hard, but not impossible. Cleaners get less on average, I think.

GNAT
19th Sep 2003, 10:48 AM
when i'm logged in and all my challenges are done, i dont see anything different.. is there something i'm missing or not lookin in the right spot? I don't see where I can purchase anything at all, much less the combo. I know its not till next month, but i dont see anything?

LifesBane[4C]
19th Sep 2003, 12:42 PM
Well, yeah, Gnat... that's because it's not til next month :)

There is one small blurb (I'm surprised they didn't make it more obvious either) in the corner:

"Check back often for more details and a countdown to the new Purchase Program! "

GNAT
19th Sep 2003, 02:00 PM
but I suppose it will be in the pop up box.... thats where I am supposed to be correct?

LifesBane[4C]
19th Sep 2003, 02:19 PM
Yeah, the flash popup that contains all the articles, challenges, etc.

Kibbles-N-Bits
19th Sep 2003, 06:44 PM
Cleaners get less on average, I think.

Doing commercial cleaning (read: I was a janitor) I made a little over twice what I used to get paid at retail jobs ;)

Nightmare
20th Sep 2003, 01:01 AM
Doing commercial cleaning (read: I was a janitor) I made a little over twice what I used to get paid at retail jobs ;)

Over here it's the other way around. Retail workers might just hack it, cleaners usually need help with the rent. That's for only one job.

GNAT
14th Oct 2003, 08:43 AM
ok, I'm looking for the sale information, and see nothing of the sort... anyone have alink to this? I'm logged in with all my challenges met and the page hasn't changed.

LifesBane[4C]
14th Oct 2003, 11:50 AM
Err... ya missed it Gnat. It's already all gone. I don't even know if I got in. I mean, I should've... I signed up like 8 hours after it started. It said it would take like 4 weeks to verify your employment and then they'd send you a purchase code which you'd use when you order off their site... so unless some people got their employment verified >really< fast, I think I'm all set... if not, no new computer for me :p

LifesBane[4C]
23rd Oct 2003, 12:01 PM
I don't even know if I'm getting mine now :( I emailed Intel and I'm kinda mad (my email was nice, and purely inquisitive though so hopefully this will clear up soon), my friend who works at Best Buy with me and who signed up after me >already< got his email and ordered his. I haven't gotten scratch yet. (Not to mention he works in Appliances but since he's always helping out every section, he just put down computers :p)

GNAT
23rd Oct 2003, 01:20 PM
well that sux, let me know if you get an email, i'll keep an eye out as well..