PDA

View Full Version : a JB mutator?

Trueblood
18th Sep 2003, 05:53 PM
Hey guys, an idea for a mutator came to mind. Im gona throw it up in the air and i know you dont like me give ideas instead of making them :rolleyes: so you can shoot it down or catch it.
I thought maybe a "Sprint" button would be helpful. If your last on team and everyone is rushing back to defend, fighting your way past isnt a healthy idea. What if you could sprint/dash to the button. Also, have a "Stamina" bar so you cant sprint for too long. It would be like a quick relic of speed.
Now to make it interesting, holding down this sprint button should lower the weapon and maybe making you jump abit higher and further. Maybe have a heart beat going and a blur :)
I think it would fit into Jail break quite good, and if the idea survives it could be used in JB2003 as Adrenalin ;)
what`d ya think?

Birelli
18th Sep 2003, 09:44 PM
That sounds like it would work better as a generic mutator that could work with any gametype. Certainly nothing wrong if it's developed with Jailbreak in mind though :)

Personally, I favor giving the defense as good a chance if not better than that of offence. If one attacker is capable of releasing their team consistently, scoring becomes much more rare. Consequently on many of the offense-biased maps there would likely be a lot more of those never-ending overtimes, which aren't all that much fun, at least not to me.

Edit: Never-ending sentence :)

TheSpoonDog
19th Sep 2003, 12:16 AM
Personally, I favor giving the defense as good a chance if not better than that of offence.
Especially seeing there is the Alt fire on the shield gun :/ I think we just have to try and map so that players can't just run around a corner with their shield on and release... or remove/change the shieldgun alt fire :P

Sounds like quite a reasonable idea though, TB, I like the idea of the weapons being lowered when sprinting.

Trueblood
19th Sep 2003, 03:33 AM
If one attacker is capable of releasing their team consistently, scoring becomes much more rare. Consequently on many of the offense-biased maps there would likely be a lot more of those never-ending overtimes, which aren't all that much fun, at least not to me.
That was kind of the idea with the stamana bar but the speed which it gives shouldnt be a whole lot faster. Ofcourse there maybe problems with smaller maps with people sprinting across easily, but its all down to the map layout..
*another quick idea...if stamina bar is over-used and all out, the screen could sway like llama.

CoolDude
19th Sep 2003, 03:35 AM
WHAT???
TrueBlood, it's already almost impossible to stop you if you rush in for the release button, when you're the last one (wearing a ShieldBelt, having UDamage and being Invisible)
You wanna make it completely impossible to stop you? No way!!!

Yes, I think it's a nice idea for a general mutator.
However, for I wouldn't use it for JailBreak.
When playing CapreDiem at the moment, we most of the time already have a 15 minutes overtime, you wanna make that a 2 hours overtime game?
:cool:

Trueblood
19th Sep 2003, 03:58 AM
Here`s a quick sketch.

_Dark_Rusty_
19th Sep 2003, 09:11 AM
WHAT???
TrueBlood, it's already almost impossible to stop you if you rush in for the release button, when you're the last one (wearing a ShieldBelt, having UDamage and being Invisible)
You wanna make it completely impossible to stop you? [B]No way!!!!

Who's fualt is that for letting him get to the shield belt, udamage & invisibility when you got advantage of numbers? :lol: I think its a pretty good idea, if your skillfull enough (unlike me) than you should be able to stop em anyway. And as TB said in the end it comes down to the map which will really make it more or less advantagous.

Trueblood
19th Sep 2003, 09:21 AM
WHAT???
You wanna make it completely impossible to stop you? No way!!!

The "Great Destroyer" only needs a sniper rifle and ammo ;) but as always i know backdoors to buttons :D shame the bots see me comin :(

AxialReverb
20th Sep 2003, 01:09 AM
all ya need is the shieldbelt OR udamage, either one will guarantee release....unless its a long run to the switch. lots of defenders with rls can also put a crimp in the rusher's plans....

how about applying the stamina to normal running, instead of adding a completely new way of moving (sprinting)? ive seen other games use that with no real problems....but jb is REALLY fast paced as it is. :D

Birelli
20th Sep 2003, 08:02 AM
I've had shield belt AND jump boots in Talaeron and still been slaughtered. It all depends if Rev is on the other team... ;)

croinch
20th Sep 2003, 04:49 PM
Hmm...the "Sprint" idea does sound very good, but I think it'd have to take MUCH Longer to cooldown than the duration of the sprint, otherwise it'd become impossible for any points to be scored. And maybe only give a sprint ability to somebody if they are the last dude? Is that feasible?
Anyway, cool idea :cool:

Trueblood
20th Sep 2003, 05:35 PM
I was hoping that lowering the weapon would help the Defending players but dont look at the sprint as super human speed, im mean just a little boost.
My skills in game are based alot on judging the speed and actions of the player, if a player could speed up just abit..it may give them an extra chance ;)
(and i dont mean me :rolleyes: )

Boost
20th Sep 2003, 08:40 PM
i mean just a little boost
Hey, I am not little!!!!! :lol:
:rockon: