New UT2004 Preview/Shots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
GamesWeb.com has posted a preview of UT2004 based on a version of the game that was on show at one of Atari's many press events. The preview also includes several high-quality shakey-cam stills of the UT2004 menu system, as well as an interview with Epic's Jay Wilbur.

Jay mentions that Epic will be making some big announcements about future of the Unreal franchise in the near future.

gwc: And finally how will the future of Epic Games look in general? Are there any other plans for the Unreal-Franchise, for example ‘Unreal 3’?

JW: We have some other plans, unfortunately I can’t really talk about what’s going on right now. There’ll be some major announcements here in the next few weeks.

gwc: It may be a totally new game as well?

JW: There’ll be some major announcements about what sort of things are going on, a broad overview.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
The no demo thing is kind of worrying. I've contacted Mark Rein and asked him to clarify this... hopefully it's just a mistranslation from one of the German guys.

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
I hope it is not true about no demo, that would be a very bad move, then it would lead to things people don't like about the game and then they might not be able to change the things and lead to the problems that UT2k3 because it came out two weeks after the demo (I think). I really hope they go with the UT2k4 demo and wait for feedback on what can be changed, because it will be much harder when the game comes out and might not be easy to save by patches. If they don't make a demo, I bet there will be lots of threads and requests over the INA fourms about it. Then again, he did laugh when he said it, so it might not be true (hopes and prays).

Rüpel

schUFT
May 17, 2002
Germany
utworld.gamesweb.com
i was there at the same event.

1. i interviewed mark rein about 1 hour later and he said, there will be a demo.

2. the build we played was labeled "UT2004 Demo" (i mean the shortcut on the desktop) - why should they do that? kidding? i don't think so.

maybe jay was distracted by the people around him during that interview, because it was the time we prepared for the paintball (and everyone was looking for shoes and clothes in the right size etc)

Jacob Korn

Crimson Strife Mapper
Apr 16, 2001
New Zealand
Visit site
i rekon there will be a demo, cus lots of ppl didnt like ut2003 and just left. Epic needs to show them that ut2004 will (hopefully) be better so they come back.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
Just got this through from Mark Rein.
Yes there absolutely will be a demo for UT2004. I'm guessing by the "laughs"
that Jay was making a joke about UT2003 being the demo for UT2004. Perhaps
the joke didn't come across properly when the article was transcribed or
translated but there will definitely be a demo.

Rüpel

schUFT
May 17, 2002
Germany
utworld.gamesweb.com
fr0z3n (the guy that did the interview) said to me, they have the jay wilbur interview on video and it is not a translation error, he said exactly that.

so it's 2:1. mark and cliff say, there will be a demo, jay said, there won't - hopefully jay was wrong... :rolleyes: