doom invasion

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
HI !

it would be very cool if you could code a doom invasion mod
(invasion against the doom monsters)
the old doom that is

I think it would require minimal coding (for example the cyberdaemon is almost the same as a warlord, but he does not fly, has more power)

there are some doom ports out there that have md2 models (quake 2 model format) for every doom monster
I dont know if you could import them directly to ut2003, but I guess it would work somehow with opening them in 3dsmax, saving as unreal format then import to unreal (so you dont have to do the models)

then just add the doom sounds and it would be a very cool invasion mod

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
EvilDrWong said:
animate them and skin them, ill code it up and add em to inv for you.

that would be great !

ive already mailed the creator of the models if we can use his models, i hope he will allow it

master_newbie

2D Mod Fan
Sep 6, 2003
how about a quake 1 invasion ?

I found a program (modeltool) that converts quake .mdl's to unreal .3d

I tested it with the quake zombie and it worked, it even converts the textures and animations (I could see the animated zombie in unreal ed)

Zardoz-7th

Jan 16, 2005
Hey!!! a bit people are working to make a TC/Mod of DooM in UT99. If you get these models and convert to UT... We can use it ?
I made some weapons (Pistol, ShotGun,SuperShotGun, PlasmaGun,BFG900 and RocketLauncher) for UT99. How i can convert to UT2K4 ?? I dont know very well the UScript of UT2Kx.

I send a email to Abbs (Abbs md2 pack) and said me taht we can use these modles for make our TC/Mod.

PD: The DooM Monsters attack anybody that hurt it first.

Last edited: