I need to know everything about Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I'm prpeparing a long news article for a gaming community in preparation of the release of UT2004 in order to attract more people to the Unreal universe.

That would mean explaining what brought about the original Unreal and the spirit behind the game. I would also like to present the different people in Epic that are behind the Unreal series.

P.S: A bunch of links is ok but I am looking to write an original article.

Willis

Is Interested
Nov 28, 2001
in a jar
www.unrealism.com
I always loved the atmosphere of the SP game. And that doesn't really apply to UT, as it was more single player based, even though I undoubtedly loved the MP.

UT I think had hype because Unreal had hype, once people loved Unreal, they had to love UT, because it expanded the Mutli-Player realm to a whole new height. It gave people what they were looking for.

But as for Unreal, I loved the SP campaigns, and damn those graphics were sweet in their day. The sounds, allthough the sounds in Unreal were alot less powerfull then in UT, I still loved em'.

Last edited:

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
man this game is nostalgia....100% nostalgia. Everytime I run through it I remember the first time I had installed and started the game. The eerie noises behind you, the serene landscapes...it was perfect. Unreal 1 was definitely the best and most nostalgic game I ever played. Few others have drawn me back like it has.

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
have you ever played it?
i think probably the best way to write something about the game would be to play it your self

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
AI said:
have you ever played it?
i think probably the best way to write something about the game would be to play it your self

I have played Unreal and it's actually one of the first modern FPSes I got into :p . I don't know it's origins, though (call it a lack of culture) and I know hardly anything Epic itself.

Thanks for the links Neonite and Hellscrag :) .