PDA

View Full Version : New BU Poll: Your Favorite Skaarj?

RaptoR
2nd Sep 2003, 07:44 PM
Everyone loves Skaarj, right?... Right?... ...

Anyway, for this week's BU poll, we're asking you to tell us which Skaarj is your favorite. Perhaps it's the classic Unreal 1 Skaarj, Unreal Tournament's Skaarj Hybrid, Unreal II's armor-plated Skaarj, or the 'ring toss' Skaarj that will feature in UT2004.

Vote for your favorite scaly friend over here.

MachDelta
2nd Sep 2003, 11:29 PM
U2 Skaarj pwnz all.

He's big, he's bad, and he'll kick your f*cking ass six times before your body hits the ground. :D

DialAJunk
3rd Sep 2003, 12:21 AM
:rockon:

Mxtrmntr
3rd Sep 2003, 03:56 AM
Unreal 1's Ice Skaarj.

NeoNite
3rd Sep 2003, 05:59 AM
yeah the Iceskaarj :-)
Or the Skaarjlord...

(or rebelskaarj :D...)

Selerox
3rd Sep 2003, 07:09 AM
The Skaarj I don't like are the Fire Skaarj, those annoying blue gits who fire the red stuff in Invasion...

IntRed
3rd Sep 2003, 07:42 AM
hmm have to say the ut2k4 skaarj, they look like the U2 ones only now they got rocketlaunchers aswell *grin

Sir_Brizz
3rd Sep 2003, 09:31 AM
i thought the 2k4 ones looked more like the original game than any others...at least they aren't like heavy armored ones from U2. Those things were horrid for skaarj...

Myrmecophagavir
3rd Sep 2003, 10:56 AM
I can't believe more people voted for UII Skaarj than Unreal. The former's storyline had something about the different factions infighting and stuff but that was never explored in the plot at all, what a waste. With Unreal you genuinely had the feeling of different races of Skaarj all from different environments.

BTW how do you see the results of past polls?

MachDelta
3rd Sep 2003, 06:52 PM
I don't think many people take the story line into consideration.
For example: Napoleon may have a good story behind him, but Cliffy B is far cooler.

So when it comes to Skaarj...
http://www.cheatersguild.com/unreal/images/skaarjw.gif
May have a good history...

http://netgamer.cool.ne.jp/utd/u2/img/chara/skarj02.jpg
... but that dude would kick his ass. :D

DialAJunk
3rd Sep 2003, 10:41 PM
It's so true.

NeoNite
4th Sep 2003, 06:30 AM
Don't forget about the Xidia Praetorian Skaarj -_- (They're prolly harder than the unreal2 ones...)
Man, they're fast :-/

SirYawnalot
4th Sep 2003, 07:28 AM
I voted for the Unreal Skaarj because of the way they move and their whole lithe, aesthetic look. I'm talking about the Skaarj Warriors and their ilk of course, rather than those crappy little Skaarj Troopers. Anyway Myrmecophagavir, I personally think they'll make some use out of the clans of Skaarj thing in the next Unreal or an expansion pack. Unreal 2's brief description sounded like they were just setting the scene for something that would be enlarged upon in the future. Unreal 2 had lots of missed opportunities though, and I'd have liked the Skaarj sections more if they included a lightweight tribal-looking Skaarj Warrior similar to the original Unreal, complete with all their cool moves and madskillz.

As for the UT2004 Skaarj, they look like a bit of a mixed bag to me... some look great, others butt-ugly. Personally I'm withholding judgement until I see them in action. I don't think UT's Skaarj Hybrids really deserve a mention :P.