WORM ALERT! W32.Sobig.F@mm

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lophead

I've recently discovered that my computer was infected by the W32.Sobig.F@mm worm. What this thing does is (like a lot of worms) get into your computer and tries to send itself to any email addresses it can find on your computer (among other things).

I discovered it when my Norton Antivirus Auto-Protect stopped it from being sent from my computer (funnily enough it didn't stop it *getting* to my computer, but hey :rolleyes: ). Because of this, I don't think I would have sent it to anyone, but to be sure I suggest everyone to download this fix tool, that searches your computer for it and eliminates it from your system. Never be too complacent with this stuff, remember someone had to send it to me...

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixSbigF.exe