Remote Strike Released!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

alien8

Run, you magnificent bastard.
Romanov, the Project Leader/Coder/Modeller/Animator (!) for the modification Remote Strike dropped us a line to let us know that he's just completed the initial release of his reality weapon-themed mutator. There's a whole pile of new weapons included, with a fairly impressive feature-set:

Realistic projectile (bullet) based weapons
Fully customised animated weapons
Proper recoil
Fire and alt fire modes
Different damage levels for modes of fire
Magazine Reloading (proper GUI key in settings)
Custom hit effects
Shell ejection 1st and third person
Custom muzzle flashes
Silenced fire (on submg)
Tailored ammunition for each weapon
Maglights
Custom Ammo Pickup meshes
Mixture of semi auto and full auto weapons
Accuray differences when standing/crouching, etc.

Romanov has obviously put a whole pile of work into this mutator, and from the screens, it looks pretty cool! It can be downloaded from here, and it is a 24Mb zip file.

vasilii

Aug 31, 2003
Great job, I was waiting for a mod like this one.
I'm totaly agree with Author that UT2003 weapons aren't pirfect
(I even think they are bull's ****)
If author will read this post - keep up you are doing great job, of course it needs polishing and more defferent weapons ( where hell is AK74)
best reference source http://world.guns.ru/assault/as02-e.htm
Man if you need help I'll be more then happy to help you.
Good luck

The Twiggman

Instagib 4 Life
The guns were mint, I think the author should keep building on this little weapon pack. I loved how you can stab opponents with the hunting rifles secondary fire, just ups the snazzy rating. Impressive models and firing animations, keep the guns coming. Great job! :)

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I think it's great.. been waitin for a "realistic" mod/mutator that didn't come along with another team-based game mode BS... I'm gettin kinda sick o' that. But anyways I love this thing and I can't wait for future versions...

I couldn't find any way on their website to contact the creators so if they look in here by chance they'll see this...

Found 2 "bugs" sorta with the black shotgun and the alt-fire flashlight on it...

1) sometimes when you have the shotgun flashlight on and switch to another weapon the flashlight continues to stay on with that weapon until you switch back to the shotgun and turn it off...

2) not a biggie but when you win a match and you have the flashlight on it shows a big texture "square" on the muzzle of the gun in the winning screen.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!!!! WOOOT!

hund_schraube

Sep 1, 2003
great start keep gameplay like it is i also hate the teamplay so many mods ship with lately.gonna drink a few brews and play it a bit tonite.