PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Care Why You Suck!

Sexmachine
19th Aug 2003, 06:25 AM
hal (mailto:hal@beyondunreal.com) from BU had his eyes wide open and found this:

Scuzzbuster over at UT2k3.net has written an editorial (http://www.ut2k3.net/yusuck.php) that I think just about everyone else will enjoy. I'm not sure how new the piece is, but it's great stuff. Here's a taste to get you started:

One of the things that really has made me tired of pubbing over the past two years has been the massive amount of excuses I see day in and day out, and to be honest, it just gets tiresome. I just want to scream out to these people "I DON'T CARE WHY YOU SUCK!"

I appreciate the social aspect of the game. In fact, it's the social aspect that draws most of us to remain a part of the community. Having a blast and a little good natured sh1t talking is fun. But what makes the game tiresome is when someone needs to make an excuse why they are losing. These are the people that have absolutely no control over the game because it's all outside forces which drive the score. Obviously, they wouldn't be losing if it weren't for [insert excuse here]. I've spent many hours thinking about this, and I think all the excuse makers can fit into a few categories. If you recognize yourself in here, think twice before speaking in game, please. I think these categories cover them all.Go and check out the complete article (http://www.ut2k3.net/yusuck.php) as it is a very good and funny read. I remember having met at least one player of each category over at our MotherShip ... muahahah!

CoolDude
19th Aug 2003, 06:48 AM
Nice ... :D
Excuse my stupidity, but what's a 1337 player?
Where does the 1337 come from?
:cool:

Wormbo
19th Aug 2003, 09:36 AM
1337 = leet = elite
It's all 1337 5p34k... ;)

CoolDude
19th Aug 2003, 10:06 AM
OK ... Leet Speak
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/A787917
http://www.geocities.com/mnstr_2000/translate.html

J3Zu$, wH03v3r C@m3 Up wi+H +HI5 g4r8@gE ...
:cool:

Birelli
19th Aug 2003, 10:11 AM
I just read that one off of the BU news, very good article. I'm afraid I occasionally do the lag-bereaved thing, but sometimes (like in the lockdown) I don't exactly have a "choice", I just kind of tolerate it. I've definitely seen all of those people though, it's really a very good article :)

Trueblood
19th Aug 2003, 10:50 AM
My excuse would be my luck....some days i kick ass others i dont but im not one to complain (or am i?)
Anyone who can fully speak "leet" is a computer nerd/geek/dork and anything that girls dont like :D :lol:

]yS[concrete
20th Aug 2003, 02:22 AM
well personally i just get frustrated cuz the N.American to Europe lag basically just takes away alot of my ability =( moving combos are hard for me...

but after letting it all out by cursing out the map/server/roadrunner ISP i usually feel better =D

Katana
20th Aug 2003, 05:34 PM
I am soooo guilty of doing this with the reasons
"i'm lagging like a worm" or "why is my FPS sooo bad"
Everyone does it at some point.

CTM_SpaZ
26th Aug 2003, 02:57 AM
We All Do a little whining (except me, which is non-stop \o/ ), u just gotta know when not to cross the line and get every1 agitated ;)

CTM_SpaZ
26th Aug 2003, 03:08 PM
Oh, he forgot 1 of the most popular one! Ineeda_Warmup! this is the guy who complains he needs to warm up, even if he won or lost the match! if u need to warm up to play a game, wear a jacket or cover urself with a blanket! :lol:

Mychaeel
26th Aug 2003, 04:13 PM
CTM_SpaZ: Please don't be offended about my editing your postings, but your choice of orange text on our purple-gray background makes your postings near impossible to read... :)

CTM_SpaZ
27th Aug 2003, 02:26 AM
That's Ok. Posting in forums in orange is usually my gimmick. didn't realize it would hurt the eyes. (or was i really going for that?) :cheers:

Trueblood
27th Aug 2003, 02:53 AM
That's Ok. Posting in forums in orange is usually my gimmick. didn't realize it would hurt the eyes. (or was i really going for that?) :cheers:

Could you read your own writing? i had to highlight it to see it :-) maybe test out some colour first then preview reply...or just forget about it ;)

* The warm up excuses is some times true. Sometimes i feel out of practice after i play UT2003, the pace is different and the weapons too!
how about this excuse.. "ok...now i`m gona try" http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/lachen/laughing-smiley-014.gif

CTM_SpaZ
27th Aug 2003, 04:17 AM
Yeah, i could read my own writing. and yes TB "now i'm gonna try™" is 1 of my patented excuses! i figured you'd like that one! :eek:

CTM_SpaZ
27th Aug 2003, 04:08 PM
ut oh, i think the server just blew up! :eek: i can't find it in the server list now. what a way to end the wednesday parole (am i bad luck or what?) :con:

CTM_SpaZ
27th Aug 2003, 04:11 PM
Nevermind, it looks like u have to manually put in the IP address, since it wont show in the server list. Game On! \o/

Birelli
27th Aug 2003, 04:19 PM
I found it in the server list with no problems today. It does seem a little flaky though, so it probably just cut out when you were trying to get on.

]yS[concrete
27th Aug 2003, 10:38 PM
bah couldnt make it today =(

had a scrim and 2 ladder matches heh... oh well i'll try to be there this sunday (oh wait i think i have a ladder match then too =\ )

croinch
13th Oct 2003, 03:17 PM
Bah, I read that article.
It missed out a vital one.
The Mr. N00bAllies.
People who lose in team games & blame it entirely on "gay n00b allies". You get this in War3X Random Team games especially.

" RED U R N00B WHY DO U NOT HAVE FOOTMAN!?"
" I don't have *footmen* because they have almost all air, you could easily have got some meat shield for yourself."
[to all]"OMG MY ALLY IS BIG N00B YOU WIN BYE"
*** has left the game

_Dark_Rusty_
26th Oct 2003, 11:42 PM
I really hate people that coplain about spammers, I thibk its a bit of an intregrual part of an FPS, & you cant tell me they dont aim at all. Especially people that complain about flak & shock rifle spam, seriouslyy, how can the flak cannon not be used in a "spammy" way, & people who complain about shock combo's, you guys are complete dicks, I usually have to stand still to do a shock combo, & I find you have to still explode it near poeple, rather than spamming, becuase most people can dodge them pretty wwell if they see it coming, not like you can do it quickly either.