PDA

View Full Version : New Logo! Need Input!

Bonecrusher
14th Aug 2003, 02:32 PM
Good? Bad? Suggestions?

Bonecrusher
14th Aug 2003, 02:45 PM
I just added those red flare thingies at the top cuz i got bored :)

«BuA»Lurker_71
14th Aug 2003, 03:35 PM
The flares look good, but the X in the background should be a dark color (like dark blue) to make the red lettering standout. ;)

Bonecrusher
14th Aug 2003, 03:42 PM
you think dark blue would still match the website?

(Or do ya think maybe we should add blue into the website somewhere?)

:D

Bonecrusher
14th Aug 2003, 03:48 PM
Like this?

Bonecrusher
14th Aug 2003, 04:00 PM
ok lurk i think i got the one.

Bonecrusher
14th Aug 2003, 04:20 PM
How 'bout this?

Devastator
14th Aug 2003, 05:21 PM
I think it looks pretty damn good, Good Job BC

I would definitely want a T-shirt with THAT logo on it :D

Bonecrusher
14th Aug 2003, 05:47 PM
:D

AX000
14th Aug 2003, 06:07 PM
As the original creator of the BUA text, I am pleased that my creation was implemented in the new logo version.
I find the current logo version to be very favorable.
Excellent work BoneCrusher.

TAZTG
15th Aug 2003, 11:04 AM
I think it looks pretty damn good, Good Job BC

I would definitely want a T-shirt with THAT logo on it :D

Yes thats awesome, for a T-Shirt I would Spell out BuA Below the Logo.
If possible make it part of the LOGO and have that X go through the whole thing..

Example:
Beyond
Unreal
Assassins

Iceburgs
15th Aug 2003, 04:17 PM
I like the one with the blue x the best. :)

Bonecrusher
15th Aug 2003, 07:09 PM
But i originally made it to match site and forums..if we had blue elsewhere i would use it.

Bonecrusher
15th Aug 2003, 07:11 PM
BTW im going to be making a few more changes to the logo...cuz the whole flare thing isnt working. You can't see the red grid behind them.

Bonecrusher
15th Aug 2003, 08:46 PM
I think I like this one better.

TAZTG
16th Aug 2003, 11:58 AM
I think I like this one better.
NIce but can you spell out BUA some how for the T-Shirt. Thats grerat for a LOGO but for a T-Shirt we need the whole name also.

Bonecrusher
16th Aug 2003, 12:36 PM
ok...I'll work on that then.

Iceburgs
16th Aug 2003, 11:51 PM
Hmm, I still like the blue x better. I know that you want to keep it with the color scheme for the webpage, but it is just too plain with red and white. I would much rather have a little more color on a T-shirt. :)

Bonecrusher
17th Aug 2003, 08:46 AM
Anybody else think mebbe we should put the blue X on the tee shirt instead? Mebbe?

Bonecrusher
17th Aug 2003, 01:49 PM
I think this is the rough idea of what taz wants...still waiting for an answer if anyone thinks the blue x would look better? Besides icey :)

AX000
17th Aug 2003, 06:16 PM
The blue X would not look better for the clan colors are red and black, and the blue does not match the website.

I find the current design to be more favorable.
The silver color does fit well with the red and black and
the silver emblem conforms to the Assassin theme.
I have also contemplated using the Emblem of AX.

TAZTG
17th Aug 2003, 07:44 PM
I think this is the rough idea of what taz wants...still waiting for an answer if anyone thinks the blue x would look better? Besides icey :)

Now we are talking.. Is there anything elese we should add for the T's?? Do we need to state somewhere UT2003 or use Individual Names. What Color shirts do we want to use. I know most think Black but how about Gray?? I like it.. We will need atleast a 800x600 or better 1024x768 size.

Bonecrusher
17th Aug 2003, 08:42 PM
oooooooo, I'll redo it for better quality...mebbe we should put that pic on the front an a "Unreal Tournament 2003 LGI 135/35 CTF" on the back?

Mebbe?

Bonecrusher
17th Aug 2003, 08:44 PM
What about when UT2004 comes out O_o? Mebbe a UT2003/UT2004? Mebbe? Or just 2004? Cuz thats almost here you know?

Are we even converting to 2004?

Bonecrusher
17th Aug 2003, 08:47 PM
Also...if we're doing shirts other than black...should i make the background transparent instead of black?? I R Confused.

Shattered_Steel
17th Aug 2003, 09:20 PM
Ok, ok. I wasn't going to post at all in this thread, but if you guys are really serious about making t-shirts, then I'll throw in a suggestion.

The X: how about making it look more like a four point Chinese Star? When I think assassins, I think of ninjas (sorry, adolescent fantasies), and what better represents them than the Star?

Bonecrusher
17th Aug 2003, 09:29 PM
AX and I kinda like the razor-sharp blade look :)

This looks kinda blah...any suggestions on filling up all the black?

(This might even make a good wallpaper, make sure you have it full screen to see the detail)

«BuA»Lurker_71
17th Aug 2003, 09:53 PM
We should discuss the availability of designs, gents... in the event that more than one surface. We should probably also consider the design of the shirt itself... sleeves, color (I prefer black), size, type, etc.
Then of course, there would be cost to produce enough for the clan, plus the ability to reorder, when we get new members.

Personally, I like to have several options to choose from... so let's not nail everything down until we have a good idea of where we're going...

IMO. :)

Bad-Target
17th Aug 2003, 09:58 PM

I like the Logo from this quote. The shirts should be in the colors of Black, Navy, Light Grey, and possiblyTie die.

This may sound expensive but the logo needs to be embroitered to really look cool. most Iron ons are alright, but will peel eventually. I suppose we could get it Silk Screened as well.

I don't know any specific place that will create the shirts but , we could try one of those corporate logo supply places, you know the onces which will put a companies name on pencils, mugs, hats and so on.

Now that I think about it, I suppose Uncle Pete already has a deal with some company that does that sort of thing, maybe we could get a discount from the company he's already using.

Devastator
17th Aug 2003, 10:20 PM
How about putting a small Unreal logo on the right sleeve???

TAZTG
18th Aug 2003, 10:59 AM
We should discuss the availability of designs, gents... in the event that more than one surface. We should probably also consider the design of the shirt itself... sleeves, color (I prefer black), size, type, etc.
Then of course, there would be cost to produce enough for the clan, plus the ability to reorder, when we get new members.

Personally, I like to have several options to choose from... so let's not nail everything down until we have a good idea of where we're going...

IMO. :)

Wait Up A Sec Folks. Lurk is correct lets decide what we want first then figure out how to procede.
I wanted this to be a low budget type process. I was actually going to Print Transfers and Mail them to you all if desired. Then you can do your own Ironing. Sure is not permanent but its cost affective. Like Lurk said we can have differnt Logo's and we can reproduce them by printing and mailing to new members. Lets finish the logo first and then figure out the next step.

BC, is correct about filling up the blank space. How about adding the UT2003 emblem there.

Bonecrusher
18th Aug 2003, 01:41 PM
mmmmmmmmm...mebbe.

Bonedigger
19th Aug 2003, 03:39 PM
what if we put the logo on the front and list everyones clan name on the back? I like the logo though too.

Bad-Target
19th Aug 2003, 07:42 PM
Kind of like a concert T-shirt, or like a Senior graduation T-shirt, right?

«BuA»Lurker_71
19th Aug 2003, 09:44 PM
Personally, I've had a couple of ideas for shirts... your standard black (or choose your color) tee (concert-style, like BT mentioned) with the logo on the front or sleeves, and names on the back, like Digger mentioned... and a group pic (like TAZ mentioned) on the front.

I also considered personalized bowler-type shirts with the tag+name on the front pocket (might be difficult for SS' shirt), and a larger logo on the back... maybe a group pic and logo together on the back.

Anyways, they're just ideas... and I thought I would show you a lil of what's in my head. :eek: :D ;)

TAZTG
20th Aug 2003, 04:24 PM
what if we put the logo on the front and list everyones clan name on the back? I like the logo though too.

Only problem is when we get new members their name won't be listed. We would have to make updated shirts. Still not a bad idea, Players PIC and name..

Have we also thjought any more on what kind of shirts we would want. Do we want low budget Iron on Transfers, or high priced contract out to have the embroidered. While we are at it lets get some hats done. I will have one made (Embroidered at the mall) Wonder if I tak eimage in he could program his machine.

Bonecrusher
20th Aug 2003, 06:32 PM
Why can't you just buy a hat from the BU store?

«BuA»Lurker_71
20th Aug 2003, 08:24 PM
The important thing to me is that the shirts are made well, and durable.
I have a bad habit of wrecking hats, so I think I would have to pass on one of those...
I'm sure we could all go and have our shirts made for ourselves, but I think maybe Boney has made a point that he hasn't realized yet;

Why don't we talk to QAPete about getting our shirts put together, and put them on sale @ BU's website? That way we could support our clan, and BeyondUnreal.
Whatcha think bout those apples? :D

TAZTG
20th Aug 2003, 08:39 PM
Why would someone else buy a BUA shirt?? They might buy a BU product. Alrighty so what we decided is to finalize a logo and tshirt, then everyone can get their own shirts done. Sounds good to me..

Bonecrusher
20th Aug 2003, 08:41 PM
huh?

When did we decide that?

Bad-Target
20th Aug 2003, 08:48 PM
A bowling shirt might be cool. you go and get your tag put on the front and the BUA logo on the back ( like we were sponsered), or how about a Soccer jersey. Possiblities are endless. This is begining to sound to me like we need to all meet up at a LAN party somewhere. Things that make you go Hmmmmmm.

«BuA»Lurker_71
20th Aug 2003, 08:54 PM
Why would someone else buy a BUA shirt?? They might buy a BU product. Alrighty so what we decided is to finalize a logo and tshirt, then everyone can get their own shirts done. Sounds good to me..

TAZ, there are others who would support individual members, I can think of 2 or 3 people on my side alone who might buy shirts with our logo on it just to support my being in «BuA».
Not to mention that it would help out QAPete and others in BU, while getting our shirts done professionally, and maybe even reasonably priced.

I was planning originally to get my own shirt done myself, however... so if that ends up being the course of action we take, then so be it.

Shattered_Steel
21st Aug 2003, 05:54 PM
BT had some interesting ideas, there. How about, instead of listing everyone's name on the back, we would just have the name of the individual getting the shirt, jersey-style? There could then also be blank names for peeps that don't want their names on the shirt. Whacha think?

Bonecrusher
30th Aug 2003, 10:00 AM
That might be cool...I like that idea. I was thinking about stuff to put on the back...and when I enlarged our "X" ... It actually looks really cool when it's real big and detailed.

TAZTG
30th Aug 2003, 11:00 AM
Lets see some PICS of the Front and Back. I know the BuA Logo is sweet, what about Members Name. What Font and Style will be used??
I kinda like the Font BC, used in my SIG.

TAZTG
30th Aug 2003, 05:23 PM
OK, just bought some Iron Transfers. I played with the images and here they are. Let me know what ya think and what I can change to improve them...
Front, has SIG, Back Has Logo.

Shattered_Steel
30th Aug 2003, 06:08 PM
First, keep it simple. I would say no sig. Second, ditch the "Unreal Tournament 2003" logos. They are pretty lame. Then put the rest of that pic dead center on the back, the player's name whose shirt it is jersey style above that, then just the «BuA» logo on the "pocket" on front, though the shirts themselves don't need pockets. Make the shirts black, and they'd look pretty awesome. Only thing to decide would be what font to make each player's name. To keep with the K.I.S.S. principle (that's Keep It Simple, Stupid; for those that don't know), I would suggest keeping the same font and color for all the lattering on the shirt. That would mean whatever font the logo is in now. I would go for that shirt.

Shattered_Steel
30th Aug 2003, 06:09 PM
On closer inspection of the BuA logo, I'd lose those little squares around the lightning bolt X's, too.

Bonecrusher
30th Aug 2003, 06:31 PM
By saying the logo on the "pocket" ... do you mean in the upper corner or centered on the front. I'm trying to picture which would look better.

Shattered_Steel
30th Aug 2003, 07:00 PM
A pocket is usually on the left breast of a t-shirt. When there is a picture there, it is said to be on the pocket, regardless of if the shirt actually has a pocket or not. You've never seen a t-shirt with a pocket?

TAZTG
30th Aug 2003, 07:15 PM
Here's with out the UT logo's.

For the front use the Red Logo and create ones with our names.
I don't know what font that is.

«BuA»Lurker_71
30th Aug 2003, 08:48 PM
Personally TAZ, if this is the shirt yer putting together for yourself, I say; Do what you want. Yer the one who's gonna be wearing it... so if you want a 1/2 nekkid female with a «BuA» tattoo... then more power to ya. :D

Shattered_Steel
30th Aug 2003, 08:51 PM
Oh, if TAZ is only doing a shirt for himself, he can do whatever he wants. But I was thinking more along the lines of "team" shirts, in case we ever did get together for a LAN party or something.

TAZTG
30th Aug 2003, 11:14 PM
Personally TAZ, if this is the shirt yer putting together for yourself, I say; Do what you want. Yer the one who's gonna be wearing it... so if you want a 1/2 nekkid female with a «BuA» tattoo... then more power to ya. :D

Send that one... ;)

Shattered_Steel
30th Aug 2003, 11:43 PM
Don't make me laugh, TAZ. You wouldn't settle for only an half naked female. She'd half to be at least 90% naked for you to be satisfied.

TAZTG
31st Aug 2003, 10:43 AM
The more naked the better, I would say. I have afew pics I was thinking of using but I can't post them here.

«BuA»Lurker_71
31st Aug 2003, 12:18 PM
Don't make me laugh, TAZ. You wouldn't settle for only an half naked female. She'd half to be at least 90% naked for you to be satisfied.

90% ??
Do I wanna know? :lol:

Shattered_Steel
31st Aug 2003, 01:08 PM
90% ??
Do I wanna know? :lol:

You ever hear of a G-string? TAZ once sent me a pic he liked of someone wearing a "dental floss" version. You get the idea.

«BuA»Lurker_71
31st Aug 2003, 01:52 PM
LOL!! :lol:

Bonecrusher
31st Aug 2003, 02:58 PM
ok...forgetting about the nekkid idea, i think this is sorta what steel is picturing if I understood correctly.

Feedback plz

Two fronts (I like it centered better) three backs

Devastator
31st Aug 2003, 03:41 PM
I say NICE!!!

TAZTG
31st Aug 2003, 07:51 PM
Thats awesome BC.. Like how you got them on the TShirt.
I made me one up with the Iron on Transfers. Didn't turn out to bad but I would still pay to get one done professionally. You do realize that we have to get everyone together for a LAN party pnce we get Team Shirts. LOL Here's my T.
Note this was done for fun and its an old TShirt.
Front has my SIG and back is Logo.

Bonecrusher
31st Aug 2003, 09:42 PM
It actually looks pretty good...im definately gonna get a black shirt tho.

«BuA»Lurker_71
31st Aug 2003, 09:43 PM
Damn TAZ... lookin pretty good! :2thumb:

Bonecrusher
31st Aug 2003, 09:44 PM
then to save ink on the printer...we can make just a white background...that way it doesnt use up the whole black ink cartridge.

Shattered_Steel
31st Aug 2003, 10:19 PM
BC, make the pic for the front "pocket sized". You didn't, that's why it looks funky on yours.

Something like this, only better, cause the shirt should be black, and the logo better looking.

Shattered_Steel
31st Aug 2003, 10:23 PM
If you want something to go in the center instead, make sure it goes clear across the front. I think that would mean redrawing your "Xs" or making some other design behind the «BuA».

Bonecrusher
1st Sep 2003, 09:24 AM
Well im definately not gonna squish the letters like that...we'll see.

TAZTG
1st Sep 2003, 12:39 PM
Thanx, guys. I only had gray and white T's. Its not to bad and I will be wearing it at the mall today. Hopefully someone will notice the Clan Tag and introduce themselves. Lots of Fraggers in the area. I still want a professionally made T.